MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

RadASM 2.2.0.3 bugtest

Started by KetilO, June 23, 2005, 08:23:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KetilO

Whats new:

o New dialog preview addin (Preview.dll).
0 New create proto addin (CreateProtoEx.dll).
o ReallyRad addin ready for language translation.
o RADbg addin ready for language translation.
o Improved intellisense.
o Added intellisense icons.
  - High word of the listbox itemdata is the icon index (0-15).
o Added support for bcet basic.
  - http://www.arargh.com/basic/index.html
o Possible to ovverride assembler type.
o Added CodeTemplates addin. Created by drizz.
o Added keywords.txt. Processor instructions hiliting. Created by drizz.
  - Edit your assembler.ini file.
o Fixed a bug where the resource file dialog would open last dir, not current project dir.
o Added ^I (Tab) and ^M (Enter) to find dialog. Makes it possible to search for Tab and CR.
o Added custom controls include files to Masm\Inc.
o Added RadADDIN.inc to Masm\Inc. Created by drizz.
  - Makes it possible to use invoke on RadASM addin functions.

KetilO

- 06-27-2005, 15 dl, Added intellisense icons.
- 07-06-2005, 36 dl, Added support for bcet BASIC.
- 07-07-2005, 3 dl, Fixed an 'open file from explorer bug if single instance'
- 07-17-2005, 26 dl, Added posibility to ovverride assembler type.
- 07-20-2005, 21 dl, Fixed a problem showing the intellisense listbox on 2k and 98.
- 07-24-2005, 20 dl, Fixed more problems with the intellisense listbox.
- 07-28-2005, 21 dl, A few fixes / improvements. Added CodeTemplates addin by drizz.

[attachment deleted by admin]

KetilO

Hi all

New upload:

o Added intellisense icons.

KetilO

Biterider

Hi KetilO
Looks much better!  :8)
I read that you use the ItemData field (high word) of the ListBox to store the index of an icon. Since I also use this filed to store additional info of each item, I want ask you if it is possible to implement a more flexible approach storing there a pointer to a user defined structure like

ItemInfo struct
  dIconIndex: dword
  more info...
ItemInfo ends

The tricky part is the deallocation of these structures... but it can be solved catching the WM_DELETEITEM message.

Second question, how can I add new icon to your internal IconList?

Regards,

Biterider

Biterider

Hi again
I experimented a little bit with the new ListBox. I ored the pointer that I store in the ItemData with 1, 2, 3 etc and I was surprised that my original pointers also work. Did you reset the high order byte?   :eek
Regardless of the value I put, I get always the same icon, Have you reserved some positions for your own? If yes, can you list them and its purpose?

I noted that the intellisence (structure members autocomplete doesn't work within methods). Is there a way to say RadASM to handle methods like procedures?

Thanks,

Biterider

Faiseur

Hello KetilO,

I noted that if I activate all the custom controls (14 in my list with RaGraph), the number now exceeds those which are shown in Toolbox by defect in my configuration (1024*768 and my taskbar is higher than that by defect in Windows).  It is not a problem, the toolbox can of course being increased, but nothing indicates to the user if icons are not shown in Toolbox. Perhaps could you inform when icons are not shown.

Regards,

Marc

French asm Forum: http://www.asmforum.net/   Website: http://www.faiseur.net/

KetilO

Hi Biterider

RadASM does not modify itemdata unless it populates the listbox itself.

If you subclass the mdi frame and handle the drawing yourself, then itemdata can contain whatever you want.

Included CodeComplete example.

BTW
I dont think your addin returns FALSE from DllProc when it should. This causes problems for other addins.

KetilO

[attachment deleted by admin]

KetilO

Hi Faiseur

I will see if I can come up with something.

KetilO

Biterider

Hi KetilO
Using this RadASM version I noted something strange related to the named bookmarks. When I want to jump to one of them, a new file instance is opened, regardless if it is just open. Jumping back ignores the first instance.

Is there a way to delete a named bookmark?

Regards,

Biterider

KetilO

Hi Biterider

It works as it should here. Could you tell me more (filename / file-path / project-path).

You can remove a named bookmark with toggle bookmark (Shift+F8).

KetilO

chiwing

OH! what? RADASM have version v2.2.0.3?

I have dl radasm v2.2.0.3 in http://www.radasm.com just now...

hi, KeyilO. nice to meet u, this is the first time i come here, and i am the beginner of Win32 asm^^
y don't u post the dl link of radasm v2.2.0.3? does it a beta version, or have bug? i always seek the newest version software>>

THX for asking my qs^^

KetilO

Hi chiwing

The idea about posting a bugtest version here is that a few people can try it out for bugs.
If I get no bugreports I will make the release.

KetilO

Biterider

Hi KetilO
Unfortunately I can't reproduce the aparent bug with the named bookmarks. The next time it appears I will see to fix the context.
I noted that the behaviour of the listbox has changed a little from 2.2.0.2 to 2.2.0.3. Previously you could made a selection pressing the spacebar. Now this doesn't work any more.

I implemented the listbox information icons for the ObjAsm32 AddIn and it works as expected.  :U
I want to test it first and then I'll repost the sources.

Regard,

Biterider

KetilO

Hi Biterider

Yes, the listbox does not get focus anymore. You can use Tab, Enter, Ctrl+Space or Shift+Space to get the selected item from the listbox.

KetilO

Biterider

Hi KetilO
In the CodeComplete AddIn is possibly a hidden bug. When you activate the ListBox after the "CoInvoke" keyword and you press twice Ctrl+Space you get the general listbox but you don't see it. Using the ObjAsm32 the situation is worse, since I get a GPF.

Regards,

Biterider

Biterider

Hi Ketilo
I found a second problem with the Ctrl+Space freature. If you make a selection of the ListBox and you delete the instered text immediately and finally move the caret to a different line, the code properties entries are duplicated.

Regards

Biterider