Window Text erased when RadAsm Comment window disappears!

Started by farrier, September 25, 2005, 07:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farrier

I have a new program with a standard "SimpleWinClass" window.  On the surface of this window I use DrawText in the WM_PAINT routine to display text.  When I assemble my program in RadAsm 2.2.0.4 my window opens properly with the text displayed.  I can see the RadAsm window behind my window, but when the RadAsm "Output" window disappears, the text on my window also disappears!  I was wondering what the messages used to close the "Output" window.  When I resize my window, the text is redisplayed and stays as it should.

The text does not disappear under any other circumstances.

Thanks for any help!!

farrier
It is a GOOD day to code!
Some assembly required!
ASM me!
With every mistake, we must surely be learning. (George...Bush)

KetilO

Hi farriear

RadASM uses LockWindowUpdate while resizing the mdi client.
I bet this is what causes your problem.

KetilO

farrier

KetilO,

Thanks!

That sounds right, If I reduce the size of the RadAsm window to half screen, only the portion of my window which is over the RadAsm window sees the text cleared.  I'm still trying to figure out the message to trap in order to RePaint my screen in case this happens with another application.

Thanks again, for the answer, and esp. for RadAsm and all its' tools.

farrier
Some assembly required!
ASM me!

KetilO

Try playing with the WS_CLIPCHILDREN and WS_CLIPSIBLINGS styles.
It might help.

KetilO

farrier

KetilO,

After looking away from this problem for a day, I looked again and found I had commented out 2 lines in my WM_PAINT routine,  One of these was the line that did GetClientRect to initialize my rect structure!

Only the top and left members of rect were being set.  Once I fixed this, everything works as expected, it's only weird that the only time I noticed this was when RadAsm closed the output window.  This was probably because it was during development of the program and ever time I ran my program, it was from within my RadAsm.

Thanks for your help, and again:

Your excellent tools!!!

farrier

Some assembly required!
ASM me!