News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Hardware Interface Standard

Started by Farabi, January 13, 2012, 01:57:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabi

I hope someday FSF (The Free Software Foundation) is issued an open specification, or Windows for interfacing the HW, for example, FlashDisk, VGA Card, etc. And make it as simple as we can get, like Opcode. The problem is, that it will took a new hardware like ARM to restart everything from scratch. But I bet if IntelCorp is writing everything from scratch and leave the old Architecture to software emulations will make us put down the burden when programming for their environtment.

We should someday mimicking our Brain at processing our data where we can built it only based on "sperm" where the hardware is auto generated if we feed them with sand or on a tank.
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"

baltoro

ONAN-FARABI,
As it is now,...Windows programmers that want to write Hardware Interface software must write a Kernel Mode Driver. Even the professionals that write kernel mode components find the process difficult and very error prone. A good place to check out the typical types of problems encountered is: OSR Online Forums
...And, because it is well-known that serious malware writers produce Kernel Mode components for their nefarious Internet schemes,...I don't think that Microsoft is going to make it easier to install external, unverified system code components into the Kernel. :eek
Baltoro