News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Win 7 Aero Glass and Chrome.

Started by Bill Cravener, January 20, 2012, 11:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cravener

I've been doing my best in getting use to Windows 7's Aero Glass mode. It's tough but it is the now, the way, the so called thing thats hip (ugh!). Anyway I stated in some other post that Chrome is my preferred browser but occasionally when I fire it up I get an incomplete draw of the top of the title bar only when running in Aero Glass. I've sent this info to Chrome but have not heard back from them. My onboard video is an Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset, I have 4M system RAM which I assume part of which is shared with the video. I have no other application that I use including IE9, Firefox, various Office apps, Flash11, etc, where this annoyance occurs. This never happens when I'm running in Win 7 Basic mode with Chrome. I have Chrome 16.0.912.75 which is up to date. My question is this caused by my onboard video or is this in fact a Chrome problem in drawing the title bar?

Oh by the way, once I click on the Chrome window the title bar completes the draw of its top. Odd isn't it?

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

-Alex-

I have Win7 x64, Aero, latest Chrome, and I dont have problems like this. I think there are two options for the first step: reinstall, and check if its OK now; update videodriver.
Ofc, it could be also some bug with ur settings, since it draws to the end, when u click on the bar.

dedndave

probably an optional setting   :P