MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Any Rush fan here?

Started by TmX, June 11, 2011, 03:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TmX

Rush as in the band, not Rush Limbaugh  :toothy

I already read about them several times from a university lecturer's blog, but never really bother until I hear
two of their famous songs: Working Man and Passage to Bangkok

Both songs still sounds as refreshing as it were more than 3 decades ago. Amazing.
Now I feel regret, why I never heard this band years ago...  :P

Gunner

Rush is an AWESOME band!!!  Geddy Lees voice is never mistaken for someone else's voice...
~Rob (Gunner)
- IE Zone Editor
- Gunners File Type Editor
http://www.gunnerinc.com

donkey

Rush is huge in Canada probably the biggest ticket around. I'm an old man and I've been a fan since I was a kid, my favs are The Trees, Fly By Night and Red Barchetta.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

carlos

I been fan of Rush since 1978, when I get Hemispheres, it was love at first note, and IMHO Moving Pictures is the top of their Hard/Prog phase,  my youth rock bands have been phased out, now that I'm more mature, but Rush is still high in my liking

Carlos
This message was made with 100% recycled bytes; No bits where harmed in the making of this message

TmX

Quote from: Gunner on June 11, 2011, 03:53:11 PM
Geddy Lees voice is never mistaken for someone else's voice...

Apparently, some people didn't like his voice when he was young ("Donald Duck on helium"). Me too. Squeaky high, sort of Robert Plant-ish.
Now he's older, his voice is softer. I think it's better.

Oh BTW, I found this funny quote:
"Canada, we can forgive you for justin beiber, after all you gave us Rush..."  :green

anunitu

Yeh,RUSH is a classic sound..I have been a Metal head since Hendrix..Love hard driving rock. But,I have a very ecletic taste in music. I like Metal(original,not death metal) blues(new and old) some soft rock,some that was called Folk(peter paul and Mary,dylen) alittle Zydaco(sp) sorry to our Cagin friends if I misspelled it,Electronic,Even country(Willie nelson is a favorite) I get a lot of strange reactions because of my ecletic taste, they act like your only supposed to listen to one kind of music.

WillASM

One of my all time favorites! Went to just about all their concerts during the 70's & 80's.
I'll never forget the projected backdrop from the Hemispheres concert, just incredible.
And if you missed the 2112 concert, well what can I say? One of the greatest concerts
ever that I was fortunate to be at! On a side note, any fans of the band 'Nazereth'
Another band that was hugely popular in Canada during the 70's & 80's!