Previous topic - Next topic

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on November 02, 2010, 11:26:12 PM
Actually they just say "Here I am, what can I do for you"?  :lol

One coffee and one good wine  :bg

Alex

frktons

For tonight this is the last modification:

I've ordered a little the display of the strings, and prepared a double line in case the CPU description
gets verbose.  :lol

Frank
Mind is like a parachute. You know what to do in order to use it :-)

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on November 02, 2010, 11:38:58 PM
I've ordered a little the display of the strings, and prepared a double line in case the CPU description gets verbose.  :lol

Bit place for CPU - very nice :P

Good layout  :U

Alex

Antariy

Frank, that is simple MMX repacking of DOS-screen, and adapted CPUid code.

See for additions at start of code section.

I have leaved all funny stuff like removing not needed things (like "CpuBuffer") and debugging to you :green2

Alex

frktons

Quote from: Antariy on November 03, 2010, 09:13:56 PM
Frank, that is simple MMX repacking of DOS-screen, and adapted CPUid code.

See for additions at start of code section.

I have leaved all funny stuff like removing not needed things (like "CpuBuffer") and debugging to you :green2

Alex

Alex, the string for CPU description has a wide space to remove. See the

;invoke get_cpu_id,pbuf       ; get the processor string
    ;mov pbuf, rv(szMonoSpace,pbuf)      ; format it

to remove it.

Some variables are declared but not yet used because I have something in my
mind for the future, and the redundant code in ConvertArea was there in case
the final release get a different size screen with size not divisible by 4 or 8.

Some instructions are just leftover of experiments, and will be removed when
the program approaches its final release.

At this stage everything is changing almost everyday. Not the right time to clean
the code.

While you go on with your CPU detection routine, have a look at the
next release attached.
I've added some routines and corrected something. the V-iew key has been enabled
and the other keys are managed in a different manner.  :P

Your mmx version to convert the DOS area into WIN CHAR_INFO will be used
as one of the routine to test for performance as the program  will get the final
touches:

- MACRO timing
- PROC to display on the grid
- all the missing stuff.

For the time being let's use this old version that now is called ConvertToWin.

At the end we have to test 5-6 different ways to repack the data, also with
PUNPCKLBW and maybe somebody else routines.

Frank

Antariy

Frank, all things is only maded in hurry, due to you force me each day  :P

Alex

frktons

Quote from: Antariy on November 03, 2010, 10:37:27 PM
Frank, all things is only maded in hurry, due to you force me each day  :P

Alex

Take your time, the deadline is 31 dec 2010. No need to rush.
And if it is not ready for the end of 2010, well, no problem, it will be ready
during 2011  :lol

Frank

Antariy

Strange reaction to "R" key - instead of repeating test it is shows indecently message :P

Confirm of exiting looks like "do you wanna save that data?" - probably this will stumb users into hot anger, as planned  :green2

Alex

frktons

Quote from: Antariy on November 03, 2010, 10:41:42 PM
Strange reaction to "R" key - instead of repeating test it is shows indecently message :P

Confirm of exiting looks like "do you wanna save that data?" - probably this will stumb users into hot anger, as planned  :green2

Alex

Everybody here is able to remove a line of code. The "R" key is not implemented yet because there
is no test to perform so far. When there will be a test, the "R" and "S" options will be ready.  :lol

As planned, after this program will be around for a while, maybe somebody will express his opinion  :green2

Frank

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on November 03, 2010, 10:46:04 PM
Everybody here is able to remove a line of code. The "R" key is not implemented yet because there
is no test to perform so far. When there will be a test, the "R" and "S" options will be ready.  :lol

As planned, after this program will be around for a while, maybe somebody will express his opinion  :green2

Well, Frank, we see that you are do big job. No needed make messageboxes which say that some feature is not implemented yet. Everybody understand this - no things is maded in a shorm moment.

About confirm I meant - familar situation: user press a key, program say "Do you really ...". User say "Yes, I'm really ...". Program say again: "I give time to you for thinking - maybe you are not want ...". User make next acknowledgement "Yes, I'm want ...". Program ask "Really?" and so on  :green2

Alex

frktons

Quote from: Antariy on November 03, 2010, 10:52:01 PM
Well, Frank, we see that you are do big job. No needed make messageboxes which say that some feature is not implemented yet. Everybody understand this - no things is maded in a shorm moment.

About confirm I meant - familar situation: user press a key, program say "Do you really ...". User say "Yes, I'm really ...". Program say again: "I give time to you for thinking - maybe you are not want ...". User make next acknowledgement "Yes, I'm want ...". Program ask "Really?" and so on  :green2

Alex

Sometime it can be useful. In this case the user should save the results before leaving the program, and maybe this option
gives him the opportunity to get angry or to remember he missed to do something.

It is not a problem for Windows users, because Windows is always asking to confirm replacing files, emptying the trash bin
and so on.

If the user gets annoyed of this option, he has the source code, he can just comment it or delete the line.

Or he can just press enter and he has confirmed to exit. I wouldn't bother about this in a forum of ASM programmers.

And moreover the PopBox PROC is there because of other reasons as well, that will be evident in future releases.

Frank

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on November 03, 2010, 10:58:32 PM
Or he can just press enter and he has confirmed to exit. I wouldn't bother about this in a forum of ASM programmers.

If add to parameter of MessageBox MB_DEFBUTTON2, then user would be needed to click on "Yes" button, othewise program does not exited. That is much more good to direct user into anger  :bg

Jokes apart - of course, you do things which you wants - this is your project.

Alex

jj2007

Quote from: Antariy on November 03, 2010, 10:52:01 PM

Alex,
Confess that you are running Windows RG :dance:

Antariy

Quote from: jj2007 on November 04, 2010, 12:47:13 AM
Alex,
Confess that you are running Windows RG :dance:

What this is? WinXP - to your notice.

Alex

Antariy