MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

A New Testbed for MASM32 Forum

Started by frktons, September 21, 2010, 05:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on November 01, 2010, 10:00:59 PM
In the console proprieties, change the size of the font to a lesser number. I use 16 that should be enough for
What about the OS detection? Is it correct what is displayed?

I use 16, too, but BOLD. That is not issue of size - as sayed, window is suit to desktop resolution, just use part of it, and have scrolls.

OS detection is right.

Alex

frktons

Quote from: Antariy on November 01, 2010, 10:19:33 PM
I use 16, too, but BOLD. That is not issue of size - as sayed, window is suit to desktop resolution, just use part of it, and have scrolls.

OS detection is right.

Alex

Alex, did you check also:
The Windows size should be 90 * 34 / the same for the buffer size. This way it should be visible without scroll bars.
?

Frank
Mind is like a parachute. You know what to do in order to use it :-)

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on November 01, 2010, 10:22:10 PM
Alex, did you check also:
The Windows size should be 90 * 34 / the same for the buffer size. This way it should be visible without scroll bars.

No  :P

I like the standard size. Well, I can resize window manually, only for your testbed (!!!  :bg), because not wanted to change defaults of console.

Alex

frktons

Quote from: Antariy on November 01, 2010, 10:33:42 PM
No  :P

I like the standard size. Well, I can resize window manually, only for your testbed (!!!  :bg), because not wanted to change defaults of console.

Alex

Not needed to change for all the programs, only for this one.

Frank

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on November 01, 2010, 10:36:22 PM
Not needed to change for all the programs, only for this one.

Windows is remember the name of the executable, but with further testbeds - executables would have different names. So...

Alex

frktons

Quote from: Antariy on November 01, 2010, 10:39:54 PM
Windows is remember the name of the executable, but with further testbeds - executables would have different names. So...

Alex

Yes Alex, you are right. And you are able to do what needed  :bg

Frank

frktons

We are approaching the final release. Here it is beta 0.20.
Please test it and let me know if anything needs to be fixed.

Frank

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on November 02, 2010, 09:46:53 PM
We are approaching the final release. Here it is beta 0.20.
Please test it and let me know if anything needs to be fixed.

The place for CPU string (instructions) is not enough. Probably, string with description of the test can be showed at console title, not in console itself.

Alex

frktons

Quote from: Antariy on November 02, 2010, 10:00:19 PM
The place for CPU string (instructions) is not enough. Probably, string with description of the test can be showed at console title, not in console itself.

Alex

If I use an entire line [88 chars] like I did for the OS Version, could it be enough?

This version of CPU ID is not showing the type of supported instructions, only CPU type.
But I can use any version you can provide and I can adapt the display of the results changing
the structure of the screen display.

It would be nice to have some more feed-back about the project.
It doesn't seem there is much interest about it so far.  ::)

Frank

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on November 02, 2010, 10:13:57 PM
If I use an entire line [88 chars] like I did for the OS Version, could it be enough?
It doesn't seem there is much interest about it so far.  ::)

Probably, placing the description of the test in the Console title would be best solution - peoples know which test they are run, and no need in pointing that in the "central place".

About interest for this project: just peoples cannot believe, that you can so fastly dig into ASM, and produce this program :bg

Alex

frktons

Quote from: Antariy on November 02, 2010, 10:23:59 PM
Probably, placing the description of the test in the Console title would be best solution - peoples know which test they are run, and no need in pointing that in the "central place".

About interest for this project: just peoples cannot believe, that you can so fastly dig into ASM, and produce this program :bg

Alex

Good idea, I'll try both solutions and after I'll decide what to do. It is only beginning of november.
This New Testbed should be ready for the end of the year.  :P

Well, I'm more a retired ex-professional coder than a real beginner, but in some fields we all are beginners.
In MASM and related matter I feel a very beginner. At the same time 30 years coding have left some
"attitude" hidden somewhere.  :lol

Frank

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on November 02, 2010, 10:47:01 PM
This New Testbed should be ready for the end of the year.  :P

Well, I'm more a retired ex-professional coder than a real beginner, but in some fields we all are beginners.
In MASM and related matter I feel a very beginner. At the same time 30 years coding have left some
"attitude" hidden somewhere.  :lol

I'm not joked about fast digging.

Alex

frktons

Speaking about fast digging, here it is the version with some more stuff inside
and the corrected size for displaying the strings.

Enjoy and comment, if you feel like.

Frank

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on November 02, 2010, 11:11:21 PM
Speaking about fast digging, here it is the version with some more stuff inside
and the corrected size for displaying the strings.
Enjoy and comment, if you feel like.

Change the "CPU Type" to simple "CPU:" and you get place for one more instruction set name :P
That is not joke - current CPUs have such big capabilities, that 80 chars for the name and the features is not so long thing.

Reaction for keys is funny  :bg

Alex

frktons

Quote from: Antariy on November 02, 2010, 11:17:06 PM
Change the "CPU Type" to simple "CPU:" and you get place for one more instruction set name :P
That is not joke - current CPUs have such big capabilities, that 80 chars for the name and the features is not so long thing.

Reaction for keys is funny  :bg

Alex

As you like, here it is, I can also dedicate 2 lines if one is not enough for CPU description  :P

The keys will do a lot of work:

1) Save the actual screen with results
2) View it, so people can post their zipped screen results and can be seen with the same prog
3) Repeat the test
4) Exit the program

and maybe more in the future.

Actually they just say "Here I am, what can I do for you"?  :lol

Frank