MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

A New Testbed for MASM32 Forum

Started by frktons, September 21, 2010, 05:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on November 30, 2010, 01:26:32 AM
Alex, maybe you should post the latest release, with right aligned numbers.

Here is core of it: "http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=14871.msg126271#msg126271"

Page 19 and following - my suggestions about alignment to you. And about saving of 7 bytes for new advertisements. You are implemented they already. So, you can post you version, because it is 100% identical to "mine", which is somewhere around and needed to find it firstly :P

frktons

Quote from: dedndave on November 30, 2010, 01:33:27 AM
i have a couple little projects going, myself   :P
finding time to finish them is another subject

after i finish those, i have a list of (asm programming) areas i want to learn more about
i will probably not finish the list before i die

Better not to finish, otherwise the last days could be boring.  :lol

Good to know you have some projects. I'm curious and of course I'll make some tests
when needed.  :U

Quote from: Antariy on November 30, 2010, 01:34:17 AM
my suggestions about alignment to you. And about saving of 7 bytes for new advertisements. You are implemented they already. So, you can post you version, because it is 100% identical to "mine", which is somewhere around and needed to find it firstly :P

OK, tomorrow I'll have a look at the last version I have with your Manager, translate some cyrillic into italian english
and afterwhile post [maybe] it.  :P

For now Good Night.  :wink
Mind is like a parachute. You know what to do in order to use it :-)

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on November 30, 2010, 01:36:27 AM
OK, tomorrow I'll have a look at the last version I have with your Manager, translate some cyrillic into italian english
and afterwhile post [maybe] it.  :P

I guess, we shoud write all comments, and make names of procedures in a mix of Russian/Italian (depend of who is author of this part of the code). Then we at least will have a big feedback about "how XXX is the TestBed!!!!!!" :green2

frktons

Here it is, the last version of Testbed, with Algo manager by Alex, and many other
things. The only missing thing is the Info screen, not yet updated. But I guess you
can live without it  :P

Antariy

Quote from: frktons on December 01, 2010, 05:24:58 PM
Here it is, the last version of Testbed, with Algo manager by Alex, and many other
things. The only missing thing is the Info screen, not yet updated. But I guess you
can live without it  :P

Ah, oh which wonderful testbed! Especially - manager!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

(Who will provide feedback, if not authors :green2).

frktons

Quote from: Antariy on December 01, 2010, 11:31:04 PM
Ah, oh which wonderful testbed! Especially - manager!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

(Who will provide feedback, if not authors :green2).

A good thing to test with testbed could be the algo to fill the screens instead of reading a precompiled
external data. This could reduce the size by 4K, more or less, for each screen, and could be an interesting field
to explore like I did in:

http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=14734.0

Back from my next trip to Rome/London I'll have a look at it.

At the moment my mind refuses to concentrate on IT stuff.  :P

dedndave

it is wonderful !!!
i wonder why that guy didn't use it for GetPercent   :P

frktons

Quote from: dedndave on December 01, 2010, 11:46:05 PM
it is wonderful !!!

You are right Dave. We have to forbid tests for algos on the forum that are not done
inside the Testbed  :lol

dedndave

good luck with that - lol
it seems like everyone is writing a test bed these days

Antariy

Quote from: dedndave on December 01, 2010, 11:46:05 PM
it is wonderful !!!

Because I just grab latest Jochen's testbed, and have no desire to add each from 7 algos by myself. We are decise that end-users would do this.
For example, the writer of the some book would have desire to read all books of 1000,000 drawing? :P

dedndave

well - if a company comes out with a new soda, it is good marketing to give away some free soda   :bg

frktons

Quote from: dedndave on December 01, 2010, 11:56:53 PM
good luck with that - lol
it seems like everyone is writing a test bed these days

The power of emulation?  :U

I am happy we started a new Testbed Era, even if it is in a confusing moment.  :lol

jj2007

Quote from: Antariy on December 01, 2010, 11:59:25 PM
Because I just grab latest Jochen's testbed, and have no desire to add each from 7 algos by myself.

C'mon on Alex, Frank's testbed is so incredibly user-friendly that an experienced coder like you can do it in less than an hour...

Antariy

Quote from: jj2007 on December 02, 2010, 12:51:54 AM
Quote from: Antariy on December 01, 2010, 11:59:25 PM
Because I just grab latest Jochen's testbed, and have no desire to add each from 7 algos by myself.

C'mon on Alex, Frank's testbed is so incredibly user-friendly that an experienced coder like you can do it in less than an hour...

Well, it already contain not small part of that friendlyness - the manager, which not require from anyone to do translation of their code to include in testbed. I have already spent many hours, when I was trying to suggest manager :green2