OBJ file not made

Make error(s) occured.

---------------------------------------------------
Hello, I'm a beginner of goasm.
I need somebody help me!

donkey

From the Windows.H file:

/* IMPORTANT !!!!!
**********************************************************************************
IMPORTANT !!!!!

You must create an INCLUDE environment variable with the path to these header files
See "Include files - using #include and INCBIN" in the GoAsm manual for details
***********************************************************************************
*/

First be sure you have downloaded and unzipped my headers to a folder on your system, then to use the headers you must set the include environment variable. For the duplicate definition I am not sure, perhaps it will resolve once the headers load properly.

The headers are available here:

http://www.quickersoft.com/donkey/headers/headers.zip

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

C:\RadASM\GoASM\Projects\Help2 Viewer>set INCLUDE=c:\goasm\include

C:\RadASM\GoASM\Projects\Help2 Viewer>C:\GoAsm\BIN\GoAsm.EXE /d UNICODE  "Help2
Viewer.asm"

GoAsm.Exe Version 0.56.5b - Copyright Jeremy Gordon 2001/9 - JG@JGnet.co.uk

Error!
Line 464 of assembler source file (Help2 Viewer.asm):-
Could not get size of structure/union in local data declaration:-
LOCAL   tci                             :TCITEM

OBJ file not made
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help me!

donkey

There is an error in commctrl.h that I didn't catch, here is the replacement file (I use a different set of headers, well the same ones but much more advanced over what is available on my site), I will upload the corrected zip in the morning...

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

C:\RadASM\GoASM\Projects\Help2 Viewer>set include=c:\goasm\include

C:\RadASM\GoASM\Projects\Help2 Viewer>c:\goasm\bin\gorc.exe /r 'help2 viewer.rc'

GoRC.Exe Version 0.90.3f - Copyright Jeremy Gordon 1998/2009 - JG@JGnet.co.uk

Warnings ......................

Line 10 of the include file Res\MainDlg.rc:-
A class name was not recognised but assumed to be a user-class:-
"Help2ViewerClass"

Line 17 of the include file Res/InfoDlg.rc:-
"UDC_Hyperlink"

Line 18 of the include file Res/InfoDlg.rc:-
"UDC_Hyperlink"

Line 2 of the include file Res/navfail.rc:-
An ID was not evaluated and was assumed to be a name:-
navfail.htm

Output file: help2 viewer.res

C:\RadASM\GoASM\Projects\Help2 Viewer>c:\goasm\bin\goasm.exe /d UNICODE 'Help2 V
iewer.asm'

GoAsm.Exe Version 0.56.5b - Copyright Jeremy Gordon 2001/9 - JG@JGnet.co.uk
Output file: Help2 Viewer.obj

C:\RadASM\GoASM\Projects\Help2 Viewer>c:\goasm\bin\golink.exe 'help2 viewer.res'
'help2 viewer.obj'

GoLink.Exe Version 0.26.10 beta- Copyright Jeremy Gordon 2002/9-JG@JGnet.co.uk
Output file: help2 viewer.exe
Format: win32 size: 69,632 bytes

C:\RadASM\GoASM\Projects\Help2 Viewer>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everything is oK???
           Run EXE is ok, but I'm not sure.
thanks help me!!!

donkey

The warnings are normal, I use two custom classes in the program, the main window class and the hyperlink. The unevaluated ID is also completely normal, to use a web page from the resource section you must define it in a  specific way (it uses a name instead of an ID), GoRC issues a warning in case you made a typo, but there is no error.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

mitchi

What an excellent application, I will reinstall Platform SDK now  :bg

PBrennick

Edgar,

Your hard work is sure making life easy for others searching for help/information.  :U

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

donkey

Quote from: PBrennick on March 11, 2009, 01:10:59 AM
Edgar,

Your hard work is sure making life easy for others searching for help/information.  :U

Paul

Thanks Paul

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

Version 0.6.2.7 uploaded

This update deals with an issue I had with the fail page, when a url fails it remains in the history and displays the default "not found" IE page when you hit back. After struggling with DispGetParam, I wrote a macro to deal with the events dispparams member and have replaced that lame-a** function throughout the program. With the new macro came the ability to cancel the navigation since the pointers passed to the sink are now handled directly instead of through a proxy. With that new ability I have canceled the navigation and displayed the NavFail page (or the resource based one if the collection has none), the IE "not found" page will not be in the history so pressing Back will bring you to the last good url.

Note that I am no longer including the OBJ or RES file in the zip

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

Version 0.6.2.8,

I added a Google button to google for a keyword, to use it you will obviously need an internet connection, because of that the Google button is only shown if a test for an internet connection returns success otherwise the button is removed from the toolbar. I have been using this for a couple of days and find it very useful so I have added it to the release version.

EDIT: Since the dialog was trapping the enter key the webbrowser control was not receiving a VK_RETURN, though this was not a critical issue, it was annoying so I decided to relay the key to the control if it was pressed. The alternative was to subclass the webbrowser but since the get_HWND method did not return a result I could think of no practical way to do it so this small hack was my solution. There is no version increment for this change as it adds no features and barely qualifies as a bug fix.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

akane

Edgar, if you select an empty namespace (without topics and TOC), while closing your viewer ATL is calling Release with NULL pointer.
To create a blank namespace you can use the hxreg.exe tool, or IHxRegisterSession interface with queried IHxRegister.

What i am missing:
- autofocus while using the mouse wheel (i did it inside message loop).
- navigating back/forward with mouse X-buttons (detection in the message loop).
- yay, the splitter!

donkey

Hi akane,

My plans for the day fell through so I had the time to implement the splitter bar. At the same time I decided to save the window position and splitter bar width to the registry so the program remembers its last configuration. Won't have time to look at autofocus or the blank TOC today though.

Version 0.6.3.0 uploaded

<0.6.3.1 added mouse clipping so the focus rectangle could not be sized beyond the fixed limits in the application, also limited the size the main window could be reduced to>
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

Version 0.6.3.4 uploaded

Well, with the concentration today on the GUI for the application I have fixed a long standing issue. Not sure where I got the idea that the index lookup could be on the toolbar and the index search could not, it adds inconsistency to the GUI so to fix the problem I have moved the index lookup to the tab, it looks and works like the search tab. The index lookup button has been removed from the toolbar, the old dialog doubled as the google dialog, it now only does google searches.

<a minor change with no version increment, the text entered in search or index is now transferred to the google dialog since I suspect that for the most part it will be used to enhance searches. The search tab is first checked, any text found there is transferred, if none is found then the index tab is checked, if no text is found in the index tab the google text box is left blank. An index search from the command line now displays the search string in the index tab. Both the index and search tabs were clipping the top of the tab control by a couple of pixels, this has been corrected>
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

I like your work.
But i have a question? I think it's not normal...
Help me!!!

attachment include a picture about my question.

thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]