News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Help2 revisited

Started by donkey, February 22, 2009, 12:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

That's an artifact in RadASM when converting the console output to the window text, not sure why its there but it's been there ever since I started using GoAsm with RadAsm, and I was the first one to ever use it with it. You can just ignore it, on mine it comes up as ""
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

Ok,,,I'm not the only one... :bg

donkey

Hi akane,

Could you zip up a little demo of a namespace without topics or a TOC, I don't have a copy of HxReg.exe that I can find.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

akane

Sure, uploaded to sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/kvab00. Will be available for at least two weeks.
You fnd there the hxreg tool (included with Visual Studio 2008 SDK), a unfinished (and also blank) namespace, and if you can read C/C++ code you'll find the source of my browser with namespace (un)registering and editing options.

donkey

Thanks akane,

Flying out of town for the day but I should be back tonight and will take a look at it.

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

Version 0.6.3.5

Thanks very much for the blank namespace akane.

Added error checking for empty namespaces, the program will revert to the last successfully loaded namespace or if there is none will show an error dialog and exit. In tthe case of command line calls the program will just exit with a message, no attempt is made to find a valid namespace. Cleaned up WinMain, lots of sizing stuff for windows that were completely unnecessary since the addition of the splitter bar, all created windows are now initialized to 1x1 pixels and adjusted when the dialog is shown.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

Help me!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

ur4ltz

Quote from: UtillMasm on March 18, 2009, 10:25:28 AM
Help me!!
Help2 Viewer.Asm [597] :
mov D[rbbi.fStyle],RBBS_TOPALIGN + 0x00000100

donkey

Also, Wininet.h had an error in one of the structures, it was fixed in my version but the new upload is on hold until I am ready with the 64bit version of the headers, commctrl.h has undergone extensive editing and though I thought that definition was in the older file it must not have been. I have attached both here along with the new windef.h that you will need in order to use the new style of headers, it will not effect older headers or ones you have written yourself.

Be sure to use both the STRINGS UNICODE and UNICODE switch with these headers !!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

ur4ltz

PBrennick

Edgar,

Is it possible to allow CTRL+A and CTRL+C in the right hand window?  Or could you add an export to text file? This may be beyond the capabilities of the help engin you are forced to work with but, I thought it fair to ask.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

donkey

Quote from: PBrennick on March 18, 2009, 10:36:21 PM
Edgar,

Is it possible to allow CTRL+A and CTRL+C in the right hand window?  Or could you add an export to text file? This may be beyond the capabilities of the help engin you are forced to work with but, I thought it fair to ask.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have been working on that for about a week with no success, I am trying a different approach at the moment but the keys are trapped below the threshold of the ATL so I have no access or even notification that they have been pressed. There is also no DISP notification for the event so that was an empty lead. But there are many interfaces that are accessible from the control so I still have a few ideas.

I will be adding a print option soon, print to file will be available.

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

PBrennick

Edgar,

If all else fails, Print To File will work.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

donkey

Quote from: PBrennick on March 19, 2009, 03:03:02 AM
Edgar,

If all else fails, Print To File will work.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Do you need the output in HTML ? A plain text from HTML parser would be a large addition to the project, I am not sure I would be ready to take that on right away, I only have abut 4 more weeks until work begins to ramp up again and I will have very little time to myself. Actually when we're in full swing I am only home around 1 day in 5 and lucky to have that, from April to December I pretty much live in hotels and work 14 hour days/7 days a week so I have to finalize any outstanding projects before then.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable