News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Internet Explorer loses market share again

Started by drhowarddrfine, January 16, 2009, 05:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drhowarddrfine

Internet Explorer has lost market share almost every month for the last 3 years.
Netapps.
Internet Explorer 68.15%
Firefox 21.34
Safari 7.93
Chrome 1.04
Opera 0.71
Netscape 0.57
Other 0.24

MichaelW

So you're letting us know that IE is still the most-used browser by a large margin, even after L-O-S-I-N-G market share for three years. Have you tried to picture yourself in an old-folks home at some point in the future, mumbling about how IE ruined your life?
eschew obfuscation

drhowarddrfine

jdoe

:boohoo:

If I registered myself on this board just to post link like that, I would be called a spammer.

You should post things on assembly from time to time.

drhowarddrfine

I've been a member of this board far longer than you, little boy.  If you have nothing to contribute, why are you posting?

sinsi

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

drhowarddrfine

sinsi, if you have nothing to contribute, don't post.

sinsi

Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

jdoe

Quote from: drhowarddrfine on January 17, 2009, 03:04:22 AM
I've been a member of this board far longer than you, little boy.  If you have nothing to contribute, why are you posting?

Contribute to what ?  About IE on an assembly board !!!

:snooty:

Quote from: sinsi on January 17, 2009, 03:07:58 AM
Quote from: drhowarddrfine on January 17, 2009, 03:04:22 AM
If you have nothing to contribute, why are you posting?
Oh, the irony of it all.

:bg

drhowarddrfine

Quote from: jdoe on January 17, 2009, 03:54:33 AM
Contribute to what ?  About IE on an assembly board !!!
How about the Paul Newman thread here?  Did you deride that guy for posting about that?  How about the Google thread?  Or the anti-virus thread?  Those are on this board.  Did you post the same thing there?

If the link showed IE share increasing, would you have posted the same thing? 

You guys are such children.

sinsi

Quote from: drhowarddrfine on January 17, 2009, 04:45:46 AM
If the link showed IE share increasing, would you have posted the same thing? 
No, because who gives a flying fuck?
"Little boy", "children" - so you are the "wise old man" are you?  :bdg

On topic - the stats show that IE still has 68.15% and your comment says that it's been dropping every month for 3 years, so it's dropped ~30% in 36 months?
Microsoft are right in basically ignoring every other browser - it comes with windows, every computer comes with windows, what have they got to lose?

Hey hutch, can you show us some stats from this forum?

drhowarddrfine

Quote from: sinsi on January 17, 2009, 04:59:35 AM
On topic - the stats show that IE still has 68.15% and your comment says that it's been dropping every month for 3 years, so it's dropped ~30% in 36 months?
Yes!  Do you not find that significant?!  Are you now waking up to the relevance of it all?!!

In fact, let's go back 4 years When IE had more than 95% of the market.

So who cares?  You haven't been paying attention, have you?  This is a major deal!

sinsi

Not really, because windows is everywhere, which means ie is everywhere. I think it'll bottom out and then 'status quo'.

Off-topic but related, I'm using the win7 beta now for my main OS - games and all - and it's not bad. I've resisted vista but win7 seems to be the OS and vista the beta  :bdg

drhowarddrfine

Quote from: sinsi on January 17, 2009, 05:29:24 AM
Not really, because windows is everywhere, which means ie is everywhere. I think it'll bottom out and then 'status quo'.
1 out of every 3 web users do not use IE.
5 reasons Google's Chrome browser will take over the world

sinsi

Liked this quote:
QuoteGoogle is taking the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach with Chrome, shamelessly borrowing features from its would-be competitors. (my bolding)
Sounds like microsoft doesn't it  :lol

Don't forget the other one:
Five reasons why Chrome will crash and burn
Balance, doc...balance