News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

A Bitmap Editor

Started by Darrel, July 13, 2006, 11:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Jones

Excellent work Darrel! Congratulations on such a nice bitmap editor. I look forward to your next additions. :U
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Darrel

FYI - I started writing to the registry now. Dumped OpenGL, mainly because it doesn't work on a memory dc. Started my own 3D work. Doesn't have the 3D Flag or 3D text yet. Other than that I believe it's a good improvement. Lots more user input. I'll probably add a cylinder and a doughnut to the predefined 3D shapes too. Let me know of any predefined 3D shapes you are interested in.

Regards,

Darrel   :8)

Darrel

Fixed the 3D drawing algorithm. Added a light source.

Regards,

Darrel   :8)

six_L

hey,Darrel.
1. while startup the ABitmapEditor.exe, an Error(File is corrupt or invaild!!!) is being happened.
2. it's not convenient for editting a large bitmap. hope add 10%,..50%.. on menu view.
regards

Darrel

I've noticed the program won't read some files with a "%" character in the name.

If the view was set to 50% each pixel on the screen would represent 4 pixels of the actual bitmap. How to determine which of the pixels you actually want to edit?

Regards,

Darrel

Darrel

Changed the way program reads *.bmp and *.jpg files.

thomas_remkus

I have windows XP sp2 and my UI is set to show the contents of windows when they get sized. When I resize this application some areas flicker without the back buffer. My son has a condition where this might lead to trouble. With that fixed I can't see a reason he wouldn't be really pleased to use it along with me for my simple graphics needs.

Also, I like that I can put this on my USB stick and carry a simple editor (portableApps aside).

Awesome job!!!!

Darrel

I did a quick fix to the flickering problem. If this is not satisfactory let me know and I'll work on a back buffer.

Regards,

Darrel

thomas_remkus

That's fantastic! Really super! Only some minor flicker in the color area but that should not be any problem really. Updating my USB now with this tool. Thanks!!

Darrel

Fixed animated gif reader, modified to read more *.jpg files.

six_L

Error Msg on startup.

[attachment deleted by admin]
regards

Darrel

I'm thinking the problem lies in the different language (changes to the commandline at startup). Does it startup ok if you start it from ABitmapEditor3D?

Ossa

Hi,

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but if you:

• open the program
  • make sure that it isn't maximised (i.e. just a normal window)
  • drag (using the title bar) it so that the window body is off the bottom of the screen - i.e. the title bar is now just above the taskbar
  • drag it back into the main portion of the screen
  • the menu bar on the left is messed up (see attached)
  • you can get it back to normal by doing almost anything to the window

Other than that, it looks like a nice bit of software.

Thanks,
Ossa

[attachment deleted by admin]
Website (very old): ossa.the-wot.co.uk

Darrel

Fixed the moving and sizing procedures. Changed somethings with the Registry so download ABitmapEditorReg run it once then delete it.

six_L,

If you right click on a picture file (supported by ABitmapEditor) and choose Open With ABitmapEditor does it start properly and display the bitmap?

Regards,

Darrel

six_L

QuoteIf you right click on a picture file (supported by ABitmapEditor) and choose Open With ABitmapEditor does it start properly and display the bitmap?
it's ok.
regards