MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

A Bitmap Editor

Started by Darrel, July 13, 2006, 11:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darrel

six_L,

I just did a fix that should enable ABitmapEditor to start properly either by opening the program directly or by selecting an appropriate bitmap file and choosing ABitmapEditor to Open With.

Regards, Darrel

Darrel

Fixed the *.png writer.

Darrel

Modified the Saturation procedure and the remove redeye procedure added Solarize and some Histograms.

Run ABitmapEditorReg first.

Regards,   :8)

Darrel

Darrel

Quote from: Lowly J on October 28, 2006, 06:05:53 PM

OK, the text inserting works properly now!  Now then, can it be done so that you don't have to be in 100x zoom?  Consider double-buffering or any other technique you can think of...

Textbox now works at any zoom level. Supports multiple fonts and rotates.

Added file associations under Options menu, also Resample filters to Enlarge and Reduce.

Now has the option of rotating pasted bitmap onto source bitmap and if you choose rotate it about a given point on the source bitmap.

Supports *.pcx files now

I have been rewriting my code and making it more compact in places. Working towards full alpha channel support.

Very pleased with the new text editor. Give it a cruise.   :8)

Regards,

Darrel

Darrel

Sweep X-Y is the position you Sweep around by given Sweep angle. Angle is the rotation of the oblect itself. Center X-Y is the center of the object if you select Draw under the Image menu. Radius is fo the Triangle, Pentagon, Hexagon, Octagon, and Star. Width and Height is for the Ellipse, Rectangle Rounded Rectangle, Arc, and Pie. Height is for the Egg. Multiple Draw under the Image menu allows you to select number of steps and the change in Angle, Sweep, Radius, Width, and Height per step. Draw and Multiple Draw only work with Arc thru Rounded Rectangle.

Added option to write text mirror reversed or mirror flip.

Regards,

Darrel

Darrel

Changed the way program draws stars, pentagons, hexagons, and octagons with the mouse. Now draws them to the given ellipse allowing you to make precision stars or whatever. All typed in drawing operations now require width and height. Added a heart as a predefined shape.

japheth

Hi Darrel,

thanks for sharing this little gem!

I discovered it just recently, because this sub-forum is somewhat "hidden". I'd like to suggest to move this sub-forum to the "Project Support Forums". If there's not enough space left, then move the  "Low Quality PowerBASIC Code" Forum somewhere else.

Darrel

Switched the Polygon and Spray cursors so they display properly now.

Mark Jones

Darrel, could I request the ability to install the package outside of the \Program Files\* folder?
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Darrel

Quote from: Mark Jones on July 30, 2008, 08:50:49 PM
Darrel, could I request the ability to install the package outside of the \Program Files\* folder?

Granted   :8)

Mark Jones

Nice work Darrel, thanks! :U
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Darrel

Quote from: six_L on March 19, 2008, 08:08:38 AM
2. it's not convenient for editting a large bitmap. hope add 10%,..50%.. on menu view.

Added Zoom out to 50, 25, 12.5, and 6.25%.

Regards,

Darrel

Darrel

Fixed problems with Zoom out. Added Best Fit Option. I'm not using StretchBlt for Zoom out and Best Fit so the drawing operations are a bit laggie. This is why I had stayed away from Zoom out and Best Fit until now. Don't know what I'm going to do about it yet given the various dependencies on gdiplus brushes. The Zoom in functions should still be drawing at a decent speed.

Regards,

Darrel

Darrel

Decided to use Triangle (Bi-Cubic) filter fo zoom out and best fit. It has good quality and second to smallest radius.

Darrel

Fixed a problem with the Polygon drawing function. Added Shadow option Shadow X-Y is amount shadow is shifted right and down, can be negative to go left or up. Works on everydrawing mode operation except fill.  :bg   Even works for pasted bitmaps and text.

I would rather have a feature you don't use, than not have one you need.

Regards,   :8)

Darrel