News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Favorite [portable] editor with highlighting?

Started by p0wder, July 10, 2006, 09:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p0wder

I am using Proggy and ProFont as my fonts for viewing my asm source code. I am looking for a portable text editor [does not have to be an ide] that i can use which will let me adjust the line height ... the font which i am using is great, but my editors will not give me more space between each line :/

what editors do you guys use [aside from notepad++, jedit, qedit, wordpad, the gun, all of which i have already tried]?

Casper

p0wder,
I have attached my own editor project.  As long as you have masm32 installed, you can easily rebuild this project by running the enclosed batch file.  As far as your desire to modify the line height goes, search the source file for FontHeight and you can make it any height you so desire making this the perfect solution for you.  In the remarks, I have included some sample values so you can get the idea as to how it should be set.

Enjoy,
Paul

[attachment deleted by admin]

akalenuk

Quote from: p0wder on July 10, 2006, 09:32:07 PM
what editors do you guys use [aside from notepad++, jedit, qedit, wordpad, the gun, all of which i have already tried]?

Right now i am trying to handle building issue with an Iczedit, an editor from Izcelion's tutorials. It has syntax highlighting and it hasn't any troubles with fonts sizes. The source is well explained by the Iczelion himself, so in the nearest time i'd sharpen it to my own needs and likes and use it with MASM32. You may also try an executable as it is.

mnemonic

I'm currently using Notepad++ which has a lot of nice features. Check it out.  :8)
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.--Plato
-------
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Casper

akalenuk
I am attaching my copy of tutorial 35, it builds and executes correctly.

Paul

Vortex

GregL

mnemonic,

NotePad++ is pretty darn good. I have been using TextPad for years and had not found an editor I liked better. I think I found one.

Thanks for the tip.

Greg

Later: Nope, I still prefer TextPad.

tomkane

Has anyone already created a MASM-like definition file for N++? That is, with the user language define system?  :toothy

Thanks.

tomkane

Whoops! My mistake. I just downloaded the program and the definitions were already there -- all syntax highlighted!. Now I may want a few tweaks, but it looks like I'm good to go.  :U

Mincho Georgiev

Hi All, This is my current project, a Scintilla based Text editor writen in masm and msvc++.
I had write my own assembler lexer,so everything to be highlighted and fold correctly for the masm syntax.
It folds preprocessor (conditional assembly), comment block with "*" delimiters, .if,.else,.elseif,.endif directives, e.t.c.
It is still under development, but i cut the unworking parts of it that i'm still writing like printer support,cmd processor,and many other that i'll include when it's done. I hope you like it. The library is under version 1.69. I had posted older versions of Scintilla.lib at the Campus.
The Full Source will be avaible when it's completely done in the website. For now this is the BETA version.
Thanks in advance for any reply or comments.

u

Shaka_Zulu's xcomponent is my editor/viewer for .asm, .txt and unregistered files. The "word-wrap" feature was the turning point to replace notepad for .txt :) . (win2k's Notepad is damn buggy when wordwrap's on).
I'm looking forward to seeing xcomponent completely stable  :U
Please use a smaller graphic in your signature.

Mincho Georgiev

Thank you, Ultrano  :U. You'll be the first to know  :bg

Casper

xcomponent, why is it so large?  Must be a lot more C++ in it than you would like to admit to make it so huge for such a basic editor.

Paul

Mincho Georgiev

No ! It just contains Scintilla. If you think is large you can see NP++ And other Scintilla based editors that are bigger than 600kb!
Besides i prefare quality! My HDD is 160 GB, 250k doesn't make a big difference  :bg

gwapo

Hi shaka_zulu,

I'm getting this error everytime I create a new file using the xComponent:
The instruction at "0x77e41ddd" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The memory could not be "written".

I'm using Windows XP SP4.

Cheers,

-chris