News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

White tea, etc.

Started by skywalker, July 09, 2006, 07:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skywalker

Anyone ever drank white tea? It's has more anti-oxidants than even green tea and is supposed to taste better though it costs considerably more.

Share some things about myself (maybe some other will 2)

50 yrs. old, divorced with 2 daughters, 21 and 23.

Occupation - chemical/quality control lab technician

My hobbies - photography, biking, and target shooting (especially big bore pistols)
                - electronics
                - stamp collecting
                - wood working
Peeves

Drivers using cell phones and ones with IQs less than my parakeet

Sales clerks who treat customers as an inconvenience

NPNW

Hi skywalker,

Saw a tape and white tea in china was "hot water".

Must be a new marketing thing. What flavor is it?

Have you ever shot the M1 gerand?

drhowarddrfine

As a guy who was really into all this health stuff, I would never again go out of my way to buy any particular item because of its antioxidant content.  If you like green/white tea then fine.  Otherwise, just eat fruits and vegetables.  They're better for you overall anyway and you'll get all the antioxidants you'll need.

I was in a chocolate store the other day when I overheard a lady in her 50s trying to convince her mother, in her 70s, that she should buy some chocolate because the sign in the window proclaimed the chocolate was high in antioxidants and it was "good for her".  Of course, she didn't mention the fat content or high caloric content that was bad for her.

Anyway, not to knock chocolate cause I love it, but eat right, keep moving, read for brain motivation and you'll live long and healthy.

skywalker

Quote from: NPNW on August 16, 2006, 02:01:47 PM
Hi skywalker,

Have you ever shot the M1 gerand?

No, but I have shot a 41 Magnum and a 308.

NPNW

How was the 308? Was it a browning rifle cartridge?

The type the british army used?

They say that its a pretty good round, nice range, good knock down power.

The magnum was that in a pistol? Good for short range? I had a friend with a .357 magnum, I would not want to get hit by one of those rounds.  That thing sounded like a cannon going off.

NPNW

Nice link Trodon,
My buddy had the smith and wesson .357 magnum. Very nice gun.

skywalker

The .308 is a Winchester cartridge. Unlike the 22-250 I use to have, it has some nice kick to it. I ended up putting a recoil pad on it. It is very accurate, I got sub quarter inch groups with it.

The .41 magnum is a pistol round with ballastics within 10% of the 44 Mag. It's accurate out to about 50 yards.

I had to see my guns during an unemployment period. I am looking at getting a Ruger Mark II (.22)  in stainless steel.
It's a lot of fun to shoot.

NPNW

.22 are a lot of fun. You can practice, have a good time and not break the bank.

the M1 with armor pierceing rounds has plenty of kick. All of us after 80 rounds one day were sore in the shoulder.

The .308 round sounds like it would do a good job also.

Sounds like you have a good time shooting. I know we always enjoy it.

Kinda like assembly lots of practice, you get good results.

rags

I own a Ruger 10-22, put a 3x9 scope and an after market folding stock on it(made by ramline),and bought a couple of 50 round clips for it, 20 years ago. It is alot of fun to shoot, also very cheap to shoot.
I also own a Ruger Security Six .357 magnum,mainly use 158 gr jacketed hollow points in it.
For hunting I have a Smith and Wesson model 1000 12gauge shotgun(capable of using 3 inch magnum shells), and Marlin 334(?) carbine, chambered for .35 Remington using mainly 200 gr round nose bullets for whitetail deer.
Too bad my state won't allow the use of semi-auto rifles for hunting. I'd love to take the Ruger 10-22 out for Squirrel or try Turkey with it.

I am 45, married with 2 daughters aged 4 1/2 yrs and 4 months.

Occupation- Operate automated mail sorting equipment for the US Postal Service.
Hobbies- Hunting, target shooting, learning to write programs, woodworking, carpentry ,riding my mountain bike
Peeves- Obnoxius drivers who don't understand the meaning of a yield sign

Rags
God made Man, but the monkey applied the glue -DEVO