MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Celebrate like pilgrims

Started by donkey, December 22, 2011, 03:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

This one's been all over the place lately

QuoteThe Observation of Christmas having been deemed a Sacrilege, the exchanging of Gifts and Greetings, dressing in Fine Clothing, Feasting and similar Satanical Practices are hereby FORBIDDEN with the Offender liable to a Fine of FIVE SHILLINGS.

I hope I don't get caught eating turkey !
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

jj2007

Nice find, Edgar :wink

Christianity and the Vedic Teachings Within It, By Stephen Knapp
QuoteIn World Vedic Heritage (p. 975-6) we find that: "A statute passed in 1660 A.D. by the Massachusetts Bay Colony in New England, USA, prohibiting the observance of Christmas, declared: 'Public Notice--the observation of Christmas having been deemed a sacrilege, the exchanging of gifts and greetings, dressing in fine clothing, feasting and similar Satanical practices are hereby forbidden with the offender liable to a fine of five shillings.'

"Similarly in 17th century England, Christmas celebrations were banned as 'Pagan and Papish, Saturnalian and Satanic, idolatrous and leading to idleness.' That term Pagan and Papish is again a clear admission that the Papacy is a pre-Christian Pagan i.e. Vedic institution.

"Jehovah's Witnesses has declared in the article 'Is Christmas Really Pagan?' in its journal titled Awake (December 22, 1981) that 'All the standard Encyclopedias and reference-works agree that the date of Jesus's birth is unknown and that the church borrowed the date of December 25 from the Romans, along with their customs and festivals.'

"Encyclopedia Americana records: 'It is usually held that the day (December 25) was chosen to correspond to Pagan festivals that took place around the time of the winter Solstice, when the days begin to lengthen, to celebrate the rebirth of the Sun.'

Quote from: donkey on December 22, 2011, 03:31:39 AM
I hope I don't get caught eating turkey !

Informed sources says turkeys are being fed lots of bad stuff. Go for goose, or a fat duck - mniammmm!

dedndave

i saw a news clip the other day where France and Spain are fighting over how geese are fed - lol
in France, they force-feed them near the end of their lives
of course, the French think their way is the best when it comes to anything to do with food

anyways...
whether Christmas is pagan or Christian or satanic...
...it is a fun time of year for children and for families to get together
ignore all the hype - do what you wanna do, so long as noone else is hurt in the process   :U