News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Windows Developer Preview

Started by sinsi, September 16, 2011, 08:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinsi

Downloaded this yesterday but didn't want to trash my win7 installation until I imaged the drive.
Turns out that you can dual boot with win7 by installing onto a vhd.

Anyway, this was sent to you from Windows version 6.2 and Internet Explorer version 10.0.8102.0
I can post some screenshots if anyone likes.
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

sinsi

What version of ml/link are we up to now? Visual Studio 11 is installed, ml/link version is 11.00.40825.2
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

TmX

Yes, some screenshots please.
And BTW, how do you like the Metro UI?

sinsi

Since I hate 'smartphones', I also hate the metro UI. Maybe playing around with it will change my mind, but I still consider the win2000 UI the best  :bdg
Screenshots

Bill Cravener

Can't say I could ever get use to the new Ribbon interface, gives a cluttered look to a window, that's just my opinion. At least it can be minimized. Full screen Twitter and Facebook feeds, ugh!! That's just not for me. Internet Explorer 10 with the new Metro Interface, glad that too can be turned off. My plan is to buy me a new PC in a couple moreĀ  years and like it or not Win 8 is what it will come with.

Here's a good look at Win 8: http://www.howtogeek.com/74089/windows-8-the-gigantic-how-to-geek-screenshot-tour/

My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

shankle

From the quick look at Windows 8 I'll be staying with Windows 7 for a long time.
It has all the clutter of an ATT home page. Full of junk you don't need.
I hate clutter on a screen. I want to be able to access what I want and not have to
do any wading. Of course this makes the OS bigger and bigger and bigger.
Definitely not what a programmer needs but a toy for the rest.
The greatest crime in my country is our Congress

Bill Cravener

You know we here who like programming MS OS's so often forget that they are not out to make us geeks happy they are out to please all the others, that is to say, all those who could care less what is under the hood. The average user wants it pretty. :bg
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

TmX

Quote from: sinsi on September 17, 2011, 08:19:00 AM
Since I hate 'smartphones', I also hate the metro UI. Maybe playing around with it will change my mind, but I still consider the win2000 UI the bestĀ  :bdg
Screenshots

Hmm I think it looks good on tablets. Not sure about PCs. I guess I'll have to install it first, at least to give it a try...  :wink

sinsi