masmforum WebSite

PS: Made 63 today. :)

Started by hutch--, June 18, 2011, 04:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanjast

Happy BDay.. 'Ye Stubborn ol Git'
:)

KeepingRealBusy

Happy Birthday, Hutch, may you have many more.

Dave.

Spunner

I'm new here, but still no stranger to birthdays.  May yours be blessed, and not to bl**dy cold like it is down here. ;)

vanjast

Quote from: Spunner on June 18, 2011, 11:31:49 PM
...nd not to bl**dy cold like it is down here. ;)
..and where is this bl**dy place  :bg

hutch--

Ah, I know what country Victoria is like in the winter, my first does of hypothermia was trying to sleep in a car in the middle of the night about 100 miles up from Melbourne. I knew that James Fuller was a few months older than me but now I know that anunitu is also a man of experience as well.

There is another funny advantage of age, I have always got on well with "good lookers" and it works even better as you get older as they know you are really interested in their maiden aunt.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Spunner

Quote from: vanjast on June 18, 2011, 11:34:39 PM
Quote from: Spunner on June 18, 2011, 11:31:49 PM
...nd not to bl**dy cold like it is down here. ;)
..and where is this bl**dy placeĀ  :bg

Geelong  But the day has warmed up nicely.  Almost 16 degrees and sunny ... it's almost balmy. ;)

carlos

happy birthday hutch, hope you could make to 7^2 years  :bg  :bg  :bg

Carlos
This message was made with 100% recycled bytes; No bits where harmed in the making of this message

Antariy

shankle

Happy birthday Hutch,
I sent this message yesterday and forgot to hit the enter button. All you young puppies
don't have problems like that. :bg
The greatest crime in my country is our Congress

oex

Happy Birthday Hutch, another day older already.... OMG no 2 days older being in Aus and all :lol
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

baltoro

Best wishes,...May the 'coolness' be upon you,... :eek
...So, when does a person officially become a geezer ???
I know,...it'a all mental,...[as I hitch my pants up around my armpits,...]
Baltoro

anunitu

Baltoro, I am OLD(64) and even I don't pull my pants that high. At 64,my waist is only 34, in my younger days until about 55 it was about 30..that comes from doing mostly physical jobs most of my life. my I.Q. is around 180(tested in the Service),but I have always injoyed physical labor over intellectual(I keep my mental side mostly to personal hobby's) Why I never persued Assembler on a professional level.

baltoro

Your IQ is around 180 ???
I think I have an IQ deficit,...My age and IQ are the same,... :eek
Baltoro

anunitu

Originaly when you enter bootcamp in the Navy,you go through what is called the Battery,a full 2 days of testing,to find where your strengths lie. I scored in the 99th percentile on most of the tests, and was recruited to strike for Crypto Tech. (strike means what you are going to train for), I declined for a much better field for me. I got into Supply..specifically Ships Service..That is a division where you run the ships store,the laundry,the barber shop..all aspects of what the crew really need. It is referred by most if not all personal as the ships Mafia(Mainly because you control the pleasure aspect) I fit in perfectly...probubly I could have taken Dave's path into Engineering, but that little time in ships service showed me where the real power was. :bdg

dedndave

i knew i was going into Engineering when i was a little kid
started playing with electronics when i was about 6 - and designed a few circuits by age 8
by age 10, i pretty much knew what i wanted to do   :P

the military really has very little in the way of true Electronics vocations - most of that is done by contractors
i went into the infantry for a whole different set of reasons - lol
it was never intended to be my career
although, if i had to do it again, i would probably try to be an officer rather than an enlisted man
the army did pay for some of my college after i got out
and, i used a VA loan to buy my first house   :bg