MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Would you buy an Ipad 2 ?

Started by hutch--, May 09, 2011, 05:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

Meet the workers dying to meet your iPad 2 demand

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/meet-the-workers-dying-to-meet-your-ipad-2-demand-20110509-1ef68.html

it would seem that such a purchase is over their dead body.  ::)
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

dedndave

you'd think all that stuff would interest me
nahhhhhhhh
i don't even want to know about all the new-fangled gadgets
i only learned to use my cell phone out of necessity - lol

as for the workers in China, they are treated that way all the time
i dunno why the iPad workers think they are special   :P

Bill Cravener

I do not own a cell phone of any sort. Hate the freaking things. Who in their right mind whats called where ever one might be? No thanks, I have a home answering machine, if I'm not there leave a message! Almost got killed on my bike last year when some young female teenager texting, pulled right out in front of me. I chewed her little ass out (I was so pissed off ) that she was crying like a two year old. Boo-Hoo, and she's permitted to drive a vehicle? :tdown
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

vanjast

Quote from: Bill Cravener on May 09, 2011, 12:43:38 PM
I chewed her little ass out....
THAT must have been ... interesting !!
:bg

carlos

Quote from: dedndave on May 09, 2011, 12:07:19 PM
as for the workers in China, they are treated that way all the time
i dunno why the iPad workers think they are special   :P

Maybe because they are HUMAN?   :tdown :tdown :tdown

True, the Chinese peasant have been treated like slaves for generations, as the African American have been (and still are) discriminated in the USA, (and don't forget the Latin workers, undocumented and otherwise) and the indigenous people, in Latin America had been segregated an discriminated by Spaniards first, and the "Criollos" later, after independence, that this had been done for centuries, didn't make it ethical, moral or "Normal"

but we keep feeding the china monster

Carlos
This message was made with 100% recycled bytes; No bits where harmed in the making of this message

Bill Cravener

Here in PA they are soon to pass a no texting law while driving, about time. Don't know how it can be enforced except after the fact, that is, a traffic accident was to occur where the moronic stupidity of the driver is discovered. Texting or talking while driving, thats just plain stupid! The worlds full of them, stupid people, and those who get charged with texting while driving take them out back the woods and blow their phucking brains out cause they haven't any to begin with. A 12 gage pump would do nicely. :thumbu
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat

Farabi

My God, I never though the workerd was worked that bad. The condition was very bad.

Most of the asian including indonesia is dont care about their own people. That was bad. Is the western did it too when it is before WW2? I think it has corelation with inteligence.
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"

oex

Quote from: Farabi on May 11, 2011, 10:59:48 AM
Most of the asian including indonesia is dont care about their own people. That was bad. Is the western did it too when it is before WW2? I think it has corelation with inteligence.

The difference between East and West is not that the West has better working conditions but that the government is not the "evil oppressor" but instead the corporations are.... Note that this is an American company employing Chinese workers.... As an American company, a country ALWAYS complaining about human rights at every opportunity it is somewhat 2 faced for them to still employ Chinese workers in such conditions.... To follow Chinese law to the letter without taking any initiative and then moan about any failures....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13353199

The West will moan about human rights and workers conditions whilst being the main consumer of the goods.... The East will produce the goods in harsh conditions and blame the massive difference in countries development.... Both are right and both are wrong....

It could just as easily be said that the West is the barbaric party for being more developed and yet still mistreating those who support it's way of life and receive little/no benefits for doing it....

There are bigger issues at play where situations are based on perspective....

Know thine enemy :bg
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

xanatose

Quote from: Bill Cravener on May 10, 2011, 05:59:06 PM
Here in PA they are soon to pass a no texting law while driving, about time.
Would it surprise you if I tell you that I see policemen texting all the time. Guess when you are the ones placing the fines, the law does not apply to you.

BTW:
Is does not surprise me that Apple has slave labor. After all, Steve Jobs does have many things in common with a third world dictador.

donkey

Quote from: xanatose on May 12, 2011, 04:38:53 AM
BTW:
Is does not surprise me that Apple has slave labor. After all, Steve Jobs does have many things in common with a third world dictador.

Where was the keyboard you're typing on manufactured ? If it was manufactured in China (which is highly likely) can you guarantee that no employee abuse goes on at the factory that made it ? Apple doesn't "have slave labor", one of its subcontractors is apparently guilty of abusive treatment of its employees but it is a separate company and the only tie to Apple is that Apple buys components from them. In the same way, you have bought the components of your PC from some company, so are you also feeling regret over "having slave labor" ? I think you tend to hold others to a higher standard than you hold yourself.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Farabi

Saying our criticts to a dictator is almost useless, but we need to do something. i guess the china govt dont care about their people condition But it doesnot mean we need to arming a rebel and tell them to fight, it just make thing even worst. im just afraid that condition will be adopted on my country because it is a fact that my government dont care about their people.
Those who had universe knowledges can control the world by a micro processor.
http://www.wix.com/farabio/firstpage

"Etos siperi elegi"

vanjast

'Everything is made in China', well almost.
We can boycott them and watch the economy and our lives go through through the floor, or the Chinese population can do something about it... which is what they seem to be doing - good on them  :U

TmX

iPad 2 is a nice device, but personally I'll wait for the new Galaxy Tab 10.1  :bg

xanatose

Quote from: donkey on May 12, 2011, 05:41:11 AM
Quote from: xanatose on May 12, 2011, 04:38:53 AM
BTW:

Where was the keyboard you're typing on manufactured ? If it was manufactured in China (which is highly likely) can you guarantee that no employee abuse goes on at the factory that made it ? Apple doesn't "have slave labor", one of its subcontractors is apparently guilty of abusive treatment of its employees but it is a separate company and the only tie to Apple is that Apple buys components from them. In the same way, you have bought the components of your PC from some company, so are you also feeling regret over "having slave labor" ? I think you tend to hold others to a higher standard than you hold yourself.
Actually I have a keyboard from unysys (USA)
http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/en104wh.html
Is easier to the fingers. And love the old school clicking sound it makes.

But I do see your point.

vanjast

All my components I buy, seem to come from china, even when I buy from a chinese company  :green2

I think it's a cultural thing and we had some Chinese people running 'Sweatshops' (as we call them) in this country. Once discovered they were shut down the next day.
One thing I can say about the Chinese... They work bloody hard, 7 days a week. Maybe it's indoctrinated into them from a young age... but ultimately it's not a good thing as one does need to relax for at least 2 days a week  :bg