News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

how does return values work in assembly

Started by extremed, April 11, 2005, 02:59:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

extremed

PLease read this post and tell me If I need to know something about returning values to c programs.

[deleted link]

Thanks

Be warned, posting a link to try and force an answer is a good way to get kicked out of here. I have moved your C questions to the C forum and this is whee you post C questions.

sluggy

You return values to higher level languages in the eax register, unless of course you decide to pass variables in by reference, in which case you can fill them directly.

extremed

Mark Jones

If you have a question about assembly, you should follow this course of action:

1. Find the answer yourself. Google is great for this: www.google.com
2. If you can't find the answer yourself, Read The Frelling Manual. This is not only the MASM32 documentation, but also the Win32.hlp file (not included in MASM32.)
3. If that doesn't work, look for a F.A.Q. and search the messages here. Chances are pretty good that someone else has asked the same question before.
4. If you STILL cannot get an answer and you are pulling your hair out, then read the posting guidelines here and ask away. But do not make us look through other posts to find your question though, that is not friendly. Also note we will not give any homework answers. In fact, that is grounds for being banned. We are not C++ teachers, we are assembly programmers - and nobody ever learned by having the answers given to them.

Regards,
Mark
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

hutch--

Our friend has been "extremed" after one indiscretion too many. Our members spend a lot of time helping people where they can but this will not be alowed to be abused by anyone, especially someone who reregistered after being kicked out once and has persisted with postings that are not appropriate in this forum.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Mark Jones

Oh shoot, I was preaching to the choir? :toothy

Hmm, maybe we should have given him WRONG answers. :bdg
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

sluggy

Shucks, i thought i was being friendly <sluggy drags his toe through the dirt all bashful like>. Maybe i should have added a million smileys and some flowers to that answer?  :bdg

rags

Quote from: sluggy on April 11, 2005, 09:50:57 AM
Shucks, i thought i was being friendly <sluggy drags his toe through the dirt all bashful like>. Maybe i should have added a million smileys and some flowers to that answer? :bdg
...a cold beer or two thrown in doesn't hurt either...
God made Man, but the monkey applied the glue -DEVO

pbrennick

Be very careful with cold beer.  I am pretty sure that my wife baited her trap with cold beer (I am still vague about the the heck happened).  When I ask her, she just smiles, that smile scares me, too!  :green2

Paul