News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

IDA disassembly is a mess

Started by ramguru, June 12, 2009, 11:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

Probably going with Win7 for now. Returning it is something that requires that I actual make an effort to get back to the store that I bought it in which is quite a ways from where I am this week (Fernie BC). When I get home I'll take the time to install Windows 7/64 and go with that until I decide if its worth it to buy Vista64.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

ramguru

Windows 7 is optimized Vista. As assembler programmer I prefer something
that's optimized & runs faster & looks better...

Btw since you into COM & stuff you can't miss all the new features (like taskbar)

Btw:

dedndave

nnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!
don't say that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - lol
i feel so lonely

Mark Jones

64-bit ala really 40-some bit...

I just can't wait for the next change in that specification... suppose it will change everything once again... <shakes head>

Lets all vote for MMIX. :toothy
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

donkey

Finally got home at midnight last night and am downloading the 3gb Win7 RC 40 some bit, big file even with broadband, says 40 minutes to download it. I was thinking about this and thought that when I first logged on to the internet with a 28.8 modem (which was the fastest at the time) it would have been impractical even to consider downloading a 3 MB file let alone a 3 GB file. But then at the time it would have consumed 7 of the largest available hard drives now it barely bumps the usage percentage on my laptop :)
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

bruce1948

Quote from: donkey on June 29, 2009, 09:39:43 PM
Finally got home at midnight last night and am downloading the 3gb Win7 RC 40 some bit, big file even with broadband, says 40 minutes to download it. I was thinking about this and thought that when I first logged on to the internet with a 28.8 modem (which was the fastest at the time) it would have been impractical even to consider downloading a 3 MB file let alone a 3 GB file. But then at the time it would have consumed 7 of the largest available hard drives now it barely bumps the usage percentage on my laptop :)

When I started on the PDP-11 it would have taken 1500 hard disks each the size or bigger than your laptop  ::)

dedndave

we had 5 and 10 mb platters (circa 1980) at Sperry Flight - that must be what you are refering to
they were about 15" in dia and encased in (usually blue) plastic cases with locking handles
when you insterted one and turned the handle, you felt like you had just enabled a nuclear missle silo - lol

donkey

So I talked to Acer, apparently if I purchased my laptop after June 26th I am eligible for a free upgrade to Windows 7. I bought mine 7 days early... Now I generally am a calm and reasonable person but since I have now had to rebuild my system 3 times because one of the updates for Vista keeps torching the keyboard and mouse drivers and locking my system, I was a little bit p*ssed off. I have asked for a downgrade to XP so that I can at least have a stable system.
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

dedndave

that would bust my britches too, Edgar
if you poke around on torrent a little, you can get anything you want - lol
you may want to wait for win7rtm

bruce1948

Quote from: dedndave on June 30, 2009, 09:59:30 PM
we had 5 and 10 mb platters (circa 1980) at Sperry Flight - that must be what you are refering to
they were about 15" in dia and encased in (usually blue) plastic cases with locking handles
when you insterted one and turned the handle, you felt like you had just enabled a nuclear missle silo - lol

This was '74 and they were same size but 2mb.