Wow GoASM's Compile time speed is incredible!

Started by ecube, April 01, 2009, 02:13:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecube

I just included a 5 megabyte .asm file that consists of a 1 megabyte program in db bytes in GoASM and it compiled the program in under 2 seconds! in MASM it takes a good 30+ seconds!! I thought GoASM was doing something wrong at first, but when I wrote code to write out the included data to the disk, it confirms it wasn't doing anything wrong, It's-Just-That-Fast. I'm completely blown away, Jeremy you're the man!

ecube

actually using the GOASM_REPORTTIME in the source shows it's less than 1 second!!!!

BlackVortex

Jeremy Gordon is faster than Flash Gordon   :cheekygreen:

donkey

Hi E^cube,

Nice to see that you are beginning to understand why I switched to GoAsm years ago ;)

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

mitchi

RosAsm is pretty fast too. It has a code driven parser and yet it compiles itself in one second here. GoAsm must be the fastest but I have yet to test the speed of Bogdan's assembler, Sol_asm. I bet this one is real fast too.

donkey

I think a long time ago we ran some tests with different assemblers, Randall Hyde along with a few others constructed some benchmarks and I really can't remember whether GoAsm was faster than RosAsm/Spasm or not. Not that it's important, RosAsm/Spasm was and always will be an "also ran". Betov and I have been at odds ever since I pointed out that his "custom edit control" was simply a sub-classed edit box, he refused to admit the obvious (I mean anyone could see it in the source code) until he had time to write an actual custom control. When he found out that I was opposed to the GPL he went ballistic, after that he started calling me a "US Right-Extreme bastard", funny thing is I'm from Canada and I'm a Liberal.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

Just report:

GoASM website not exist for Chinese!

I use http online proxy to access it. sadly.  :naughty: :dazzled:

donkey

Quote from: UtillMasm on April 01, 2009, 05:37:58 AM
Just report:

GoASM website is not exist for Chinese!

I use http online proxy to access it. sadly.

That's too bad, especially since you can use chinese characters for labels in GoAsm since it is fully unicode aware. For example this is perfectly OK in GoAsm:

标签:
  mov eax,易变
  cmp eax,其他
  jne >>代码

However E^cube is doing an SDK that you will most likely have access to.

Edgar
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

UtillMasm

donkey

-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

ecube

Yes, SDK iis being released tommorow,or techniqually later today since its in the am's here now :D. So hope you try it out!

Yusuf

Hi E^Cube,

Just wondering if your SDK is ready with the preprocessor or if you guys have heard any news on if/when Gordon will release GoASM with runtime conditional support.

On a side note, is there a tool available that can help convert masm code goasm? Trying to still learn from the Iczelion tutorials (since last summer), thought I remembered seeing something mentioned somewhere but my searches don't bring anything up :(

Thanks
Yusuf

oex

Google不做部份页面译文必须babelfish这螺纹:lol
We are all of us insane, just to varying degrees and intelligently balanced through networking

http://www.hereford.tv

BlackVortex

GoAsm comes with AdaptAsm, you can check that out.

e^cube said he'll release a newer version of his preprocessor soon. The earlier one didn't work properly.

Yusuf

I thought that was for converting 32bit to 64bit, on further investigation it does convert masm :) Thanks BlackVortex.

Now I just have to get my head around converting .if's, .else etc!