News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

DebugActiveProcessStop

Started by Fleety, March 09, 2005, 12:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleety

The new WinXP Api DebugActiveProcessStop is not supported by the MASM32 8.2 (sp1a) version of kernel32.lib (or kernel32.inc - but that's easy to update).  I've searched this and other forums for updated files but no luck at all so far.   ::)  I'm sure updated  WinXP kernel32.lib (and inc) files suitable for MASM32 must exist somewhere and any help would be appreciated please.   

Thanks

Tedd

If you're desperate, you can create your own .lib file from the .inc file -- see "inc2l.exe" (in the masm32 bin directory)
No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible.

Fleety

Thanks for your help and patient answer Tedd.  I now realise my question was a "newbie" one  :red.

There is no inc2l.exe in my BIN directory (after a clean Masm instal).  I tried "inc2l.exe" from the TOOLS/INC2L directory on a modified Kernel32.inc but it just locked up completely leaving no option but to kill its process. However there is another variant of inc2l.exe (looks like an earlier version left over in the INCLUDE directory after  BLDLIBS.bat does its thing during Masm instal) which does work successfully.

I now have an updated Kernel32.lib and a little more understanding of how Masm32 works.

Thanks again   

Tedd

Yeah, sorry - my bad :wink

I've played about with my installation so much it's unrecognisable as the original.

Anyway, problem solved :U
No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible.