News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Jetstream

Started by donkey, September 01, 2008, 06:48:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donkey

Jetstream is a small utility I wrote to examine Jet databases. There are occasions when I need to know the column width or other information of a database I am using with a program and this utility is a light (though not so fast) way to find the information I need. I have included the executable and source as an example of using ODBC and a few of its functions with GoAsm.

Donkey

[attachment deleted by admin]
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

I have modified the program to display system tables and views etc..., there is no indication other than the new icons in the treeview to tell you which is which but if you look at tabletypes.bmp this is the order of the bitmaps as they apply to table types...

IMG_ALIAS
IMG_TABLE
IMG_SYNONYM
IMG_SYSTEM_TABLE
IMG_VIEW
IMG_GLOBAL_TEMPORARY
IMG_LOCAL_TEMPORARY
IMG_SYSTEM_VIEW
IMG_COLUMN

I have been using the nwind.mdb database that is included in the psdk as well as a few of my own databases to test the program and it seems to work fine, I may get around to speeding it up a bit, there are some pretty obvious inefficiencies. Anyway for what its worth I have included the new version above...

Donkey
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

Bill Cravener

Edgar,

Tried your little gizmo on a company database I have that is near 30 meg in size and works great! I love working examples like this that I can add to my toy box. I'll be playing with this one during the coming winter months for sure. Thanks buddy!
My MASM32 Examples.

"Prejudice does not arise from low intelligence it arises from conservative ideals to which people of low intelligence are drawn." ~ Isaidthat