MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

INC file for MASM64

Started by GUAN DE DIO, July 14, 2008, 08:29:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GUAN DE DIO

Hi everybody,

I'm a MASM32 programmer and I want to star to work on 64 bit platform.

I donwloaded the DSK for Windows XP 64 bit and I have the compiler (ml64.exe), linker, ... but I don't have the inc files for include directive.

I tried to use the h2inc.exe programm to create the inc file but it didn't work.
     I tried to use the l2inc.exe to create the inc from the 64 bit libs but the resoult was the same :(

Please, could you tell me the link necesary to get the inc files o the method to  generate them?

Thanks in advance,
GUAN

Vortex

You can download Jdoe's Azimut project the get the include files and import libraries for the 64-bit platform :

http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=7866.0

jdoe

Quote from: Vortex on July 14, 2008, 06:04:16 PM
You can download Jdoe's Azimut project the get the include files and import libraries for the 64-bit platform :

http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=7866.0

Right now I'm setting up my new web hosting and the existing link is not working. Should work in one day or two.

GUAN DE DIO

I'm waiting for the web updating

GUAN

GUAN DE DIO

After reading the thread that you gave me I have some doubt about how to start coding on 64 bit.

I know the calling convention is diferent between 32 and 64 bit and this is a big point to take acount.
For doing our life easer in this point, a 'lister' made a .inc with a lot of MACROS for working like at 32 bit 

My intention is to work with ml64.exe and RADASM

In the thread there are some samples that use:

include \masm32\include\XXXX.inc ; diferent of MACROS' lister
            and something like this
            invoke....
           LOCAL ...

I thought that it does not possible to use the macros INVOKE or LOCAL in 64 bits because these work wrong due to the new calling convetion.

please, Could you clarify me this point?

GUAN

jdoe

Quote from: GUAN DE DIO on July 15, 2008, 06:51:29 AM
In the thread there are some samples that use:

include \masm32\include\XXXX.inc ; diferent of MACROS' lister
            and something like this
            invoke....
           LOCAL ...

I thought that it does not possible to use the macros INVOKE or LOCAL in 64 bits because these work wrong due to the new calling convetion.

please, Could you clarify me this point?

GUAN

GUAN,

You must have read Win32 samples. You are right, no more INVOKE and LOCAL. For invoke, you must PUSH and CALL yourself. For local, another approach must be used in a way that you manage the stack yourself.

The attachment is a good example (I don't remember where I got it so I can't give credit to someone).

For sure, Win64 is not as easy as Win32   :bdg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Vortex

QuoteRight now I'm setting up my new web hosting and the existing link is not working. Should work in one day or two.

Your project is nice. Keep up the good work.  :U

GUAN DE DIO

Thanks for the sample,

So I was right.  As this section is for 64 platform I was confused with this kind of code here.

Well, I'll try to make my first program in 64 bits :) with all the information I gather.

Waiting for your host ;)

GUAN

GUAN DE DIO

Hi Jdoe,

I got the AZIMUT.ZIP, it is a great job.

But one thing. I was looking for the windows.inc file where it should have the windows structure definition but I did not find it.

Which is the name of the file within the windows structure and definitions ?

Thanks,

GUAN

PS: I'm looking for the windows structure definition for 64 bits of course, :o)

jdoe

GUAN,

Constants and structures are not done yet. In fact I have them all for Win32 from an extraction process I did last winter.

You'll have to wait but don't expect them in the next few days.

GUAN DE DIO

OK Jdoe,

Thanks for the work.

I'm trying to configure the RADASM to work with ml64 when I  have some templates and the masm64.int finished I'll post my experience.

Best Regast,
GUAN