News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Virtual CD-R Emulator

Started by pinpoint, March 16, 2008, 06:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinpoint

I would like a virtual CD-R or DVD-R emulator on my hard drive.

I have a Sony Handicam and Sony Picture Package software.  With the drivers properly (and improperly for that matter) installed, the Handicam does not show up as a drive letter.  Downloading of the videos is performed using the Picture Package software.  To download the video and the video's matching audio from the tape, PP requires that it be written to CD-R or DVD-R media.  It will not write directly to a HD, a CD-RW formatted disk nor a DVD-RW formatted disk.  The PP software knows the difference between these devices and media.  PP will only display the CD-R(W) and DVD-R(W) devices hooked up to the computer as selectable destination devices.  Once the CD-R is created, I can copy the files from the CD-R to the HD and edit them easily.  This information comes from actually working with the hardware and software.  These understandings are consistent with the explanations in the user's guides.

What I want is CD-R or DVD-R virtual emulation software to create a virtual CD-R or DVD-R on my hard drive that when PP goes looking for the devices on my computer, it will list this virtual drive as an optional place to write the video.

I am not looking for CD-ROM emulation software.  I am not trying to copy and convert files already on my computer or on a CD to another location and format.  (Contributors on other forums have suggested these topics in their solutions.)

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

ecube

get daemon, is free and by far the best, i've used it for years to install os's in vmware ;D

evlncrn8

yup, daemon tools / alcohol.. for a cdr emulator check out noteburn (think thats what it was called)...