MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

GoAsm 0.56.4 and GoLink 0.26.9

Started by jorgon, December 16, 2007, 03:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jorgon

I have made the following amendments to GoAsm:-
1. In for example [esp+eax*4] the "4" can now be defined using a word (32-bits only for the time being).
2. Error message upon eg. [esp+(eax*4)] since round brackets are not needed and upset the brackets parser!
3. GoAsm was missing labels in static code libraries made with some tools and which contained line number information.  This has now been fixed.  Probably it's unusual for line number information to be contained in a static code library which I suspect is why this bug has only just been reported to me.
4. In data declarations made using MACRO...ENDM (as above) if the data started on the next line, it was being missed.  This has now been fixed.
5. I've added a warning message where an #if, #elif, #elseif, #ifdef or #ifndef is still open at the end of a non "a" extension include file (that is an include file such as "filename.inc" which is just looked at and not actually assembled as a file containing source code).  There is also a warning if there is a continuous "C" style comment (/* .....*/) open at the end of such a file.

GoLink had a problem reading some 64-bit DLLs which it needs to do at link-time when making 64-bit executables.  This has now been fixed.

The latest GoAsm can be downloaded from here (354K with documentation).
The latest GoLink can be downloaded from here (56K with documentation).

Author of the "Go" tools (GoAsm, GoLink, GoRC, GoBug)