News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

build problem

Started by Klod, October 04, 2007, 05:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klod

I would like to try out poasm and polink but do run into a hitch.
this is my make file
C:\poasm\bin\poasm /AIA32 Image2.asm
C:\poasm\bin\polink /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS Image2.obj rsrc.res
pause

the build completes without any errors, but no exe file is build. All I got is obj file. It appears to me that there is a link problem.

Also, where can I download ;include \poasm\include\windows.inc ; include file from POASM test bed

I would like to set up poasm with radasm ide
thanks in advance
klod

ramguru

I don't see your resource compilation statement, statement that produces rsrc.res (either using porc or MS rc). Regarding windows.inc can't you guess ... it's been a year when hutch has abandoned that project (maybe it wasn't even a serious project, more like poasm test package for its early stage)  :lol  One you should know is that poasm is not much different from masm, you could have a certain amount of luck by copying files from masm32 to poasm32...

Mark Jones

Indeed, PoAsm has not been supported much lately. But I did find some relevant articles by searching the forum for "poasm windows.inc".

An alternative may be GoAsm, which is available from here and is still in active development.

"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Vortex

Hutch had a separate package for Poasm including the window.inc file. Unfortunately, it's not available anymore.

Klod

Thanks guys for your repleys.
It is the run of things, when something "new" comes out, there is the initial hype. usually it lasts for a short time only and then dies down.
To bad, poasm looked like a nice package from the code samples.

Shantanu Gadgil

Quote from: Klod on October 05, 2007, 12:39:07 AM
It is the run of things, when something "new" comes out, there is the initial hype. usually it lasts for a short time only and then dies down.
To bad, poasm looked like a nice package from the code samples.
POASM is not dead ... nor is it hype. It actually performs very well and in some cases better than MASM.
Of course MASM would be able to do more things (being much older and wiser  :green :green)
The added bonus is a responsive dev who is quick to respond to bug reports.
POASM is also primarily to supplement (I think) the POIDE (Pelle's C Compiler with an IDE of it own)

Please do not be so quick to jump to conclusions about the "hype" !!!
Some issue regarding the WINDOWS.INC file giving problems can be quickly solved by commenting the problems line, etc. (Documented in the appropriate sub-forum)

Note: The problems show up because POASM is less tolerant of duplicates, which I think is a good thing!  :bg :bg

Regards,
Shantanu

P.S.
(I wonder if there is comparison page somewhere the features of MASM and POASM are compared on a one-on-one basis)
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

Vortex

Klod,

Attached is window.inc created for the POASM package.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Klod

Thanks Vortex for the windows.inc file
will put it to good use :U

Vortex

Hi Klod,

You are welcome. Please let me if you have other questions.