MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

WinAsmPgm.pdf Status ??

Started by grofaz, September 30, 2007, 11:08:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grofaz

Hey Randy,

I'm really digging your AoA and WinAsmPgm books, and I just ordered your two Write Great Code books. You're an excellent teacher!   :U

What's the status of WinAsmPgm ? Are you still working on it ? Or has Vista changed things ? Just curious.

Regards & thanks,
grofaz

Randall Hyde

Quote from: grofaz on September 30, 2007, 11:08:22 PM
Hey Randy,

I'm really digging your AoA and WinAsmPgm books, and I just ordered your two Write Great Code books. You're an excellent teacher!   :U

What's the status of WinAsmPgm ? Are you still working on it ? Or has Vista changed things ? Just curious.

Regards & thanks,
grofaz

I haven't worked on WPA in several years. However, I have just started working on some commercial Win32 applications using HLA (currently, I'm working on a Tektronix 4025 terminal emulator for General Atomics) and I've been referencing the book myself (along with Petzold's, of course).

My current book project (as of Oct 1) is "The Art of Disassembly".  I've just finished (as I'm typing this) the code for the HLA stdlib v2.x, something I decided to finish off before getting back to doing any book projects.  With the HLA stdlib mostly out of the way (I still have to document it at one point or another), I can once again start writing books. The big problem I've had in the past is that I knew the STDLIB was going to have some major changes (requiring reworking old source code) so I didn't want to work on any new books until I'd gotten past those changes in the library.

My next book project after AoD will probably be the 3rd volume of the Write Great Code series.

After that, my options are open. However, before I tackle another book that makes heavy use of assembly language, I'd really like to get HLA v2.0 up and running (for the same reasons I've put off new books for the past  year pending the completion of the HLA stdlib project).

In any case, what I'm saying is that it will probably be a while before I do WPA in a serious way.  Sorry for the bad news.
hLater,
Randy Hyde

grofaz

Hey WPA is a great reference as is and all I can say is I look forwards to all your projects.

Regards!