News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Resource files and it´s working...

Started by fygr, July 23, 2007, 10:14:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fygr

I am new in assembler and MASM32 indeed. I just wanted to know how to include the resource file in my project. I have downloaded RS32 (Resource Studio or something like that) and it seems great. But after using a MASM32 a little and playing those sample files in folders/sources what came with the installer, I do not find any text of those .RC and also link to that .RC file what is inside of the same folder. And wanted to know how to import my own resource .RC file into the source of .ASM file to Asm&Link my project? . Like the OLDSTYLE.ASM example in the examples foulder have RSRC.RC resource file in it. But the source of OLDSTYLE.ASM seems to have no information of that kind of resourse at all.... ??

Thnx.

ramguru

You don't need to include any resource file in any asm file. BAT file takes care of that. If you rename resource file produced by your resource studio to rsrc.rc, no other modification will be necessary BAT file will search for rsrc.rc if he finds one, it will be compiled by resource compiler and binary data will be linked into executable.

fygr

Thnx, something I was really thinking of, trying to find something in MASM settings without any clue... :)

modchip

You can also try to use WinASM Studio, it already has an integrated resource editor in it. It's really great for newbies. :D

fygr

Hmm. Just for curious, where and what is the .BAT file holding those informations? I have found many basic tutorials, and sample files, but using and setting up MASM settings have quite minor..

ramguru

it's usually C:\masm32\bin\bldall.bat (Build all) and is intended to use with qeditor.