News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

ASM to VB.NET

Started by kurf, February 13, 2005, 10:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kurf

Hi I am new to ASM; was wondering if there is a converter for "asm to vb.net"? If so where might I find it?

drhowarddrfine

That would be like asking for an asm to C++ converter.  You would be going the wrong direction.  There is an asm to ILasm converter that I'd have to look up but I don't know if that's what you want.

sluggy

Quote from: kurf on February 13, 2005, 10:39:32 PM
Hi I am new to ASM; was wondering if there is a converter for "asm to vb.net"?
You are probably quite new to VB.Net too  :wink The two are not even close, especially as VB.Net is managed code running inside a framework, and x86 asm isn't  :red

fallenhobbit

lemme break it down toe to toe. .NET anything is a Mack Truck. Asm is an indy car. What yer asking for is a way to make an indy car run like a mack truck. It can be done, but why on earth would you?

drhowarddrfine

QuoteIt can be done, but why on earth
I do not think it can be done at all.

pbrennick

I doubt, from what I have read, that it can be done, also. But I am not an expert on vb.net, just well read.  I think, as already has been said. the closest would be asm to ilasm; and, also, this is a casual question from a well intentioned person.  Anyone aware of the process would realize that this is walking backwards.  No offense, like I said I think you are just curious.

Paul

AeroASM

Were you just curious or do you need a converter to solve some problem? If the latter, then please tell us the problem so we might be able to help you.

kurf

I needed to know to complete/fix a problem!
Thank you for your replies.