News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

HIDE and HLA v1.92 ??

Started by grofaz, April 25, 2007, 06:37:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkWolf

You could make a backup and just dump the executables into HIDE's bin folder.
But don't say I didn't warn you, parameters might get passed correctly with the new hla program.
I have updated HIDE this way before but it was between versions that hadn't changed much.
--
Where's there's smoke, There are mirrors.
Give me Free as in Freedom not Speech or Beer.
Thank You and Welcome to the Internet.

Sevag.K

Quote from: DarkWolf on April 26, 2007, 12:15:14 AM
You could make a backup and just dump the executables into HIDE's bin folder.
But don't say I didn't warn you, parameters might get passed correctly with the new hla program.
I have updated HIDE this way before but it was between versions that hadn't changed much.

I would advise NOT to update HIDE in this way.  It will not work this time as there has been some changes in hlaparse which break khla (which HIDE 1.23 uses).

The update to HLA 1.92 is almost complete.  However, there are still some issues with HLA 1.92 that hopefully will be worked out soon so that I can release a stable version of HIDE 1.24

If you're not already using the latest version from aoaprogramming yahoo group, this change will be a big one.  The project format has changed.  This latest version will also remove khla, support for ASM units/programs and the ability to use MASM/link.  It will be pure HLA with compiled using internal FASM and linked with polink).

grofaz

Cool, thanks, I really dig HIDE so I look forward to your latest update.

Cheers!
grofaz

Randall Hyde

Quote from: Sevag.K on April 26, 2007, 03:02:30 AM

The update to HLA 1.92 is almost complete.  However, there are still some issues with HLA 1.92 that hopefully will be worked out soon so that I can release a stable version of HIDE 1.24

HLA v1.93 is now up. About the only thing I can think of that would create problems for HIDE is the fact that -P and -OBJ: paths that you pass to HLAPARSE should contain quotes around the paths (in case they contain spaces) and you must *not* put a backslash at the end of such paths (which was the case in earlier versions, though this requirement was relaxed a version or two ago).

hLater,
Randy Hyde

DarkWolf

Well I did warn him that the new version is going to be *too* different.
But it does work that way between 'maintenance' releases.

I think I am going to try HIDE under WINE and see if it works :-)
No I don't mean my dirty upgrade method.
I haven't touched it since switching to Linux.
--

Sevag.K

The update is pretty much done and working.  I'll just be updating the manual and testing it before a public release.

DarkWolf

Nope just tried and WINE gives me all sorts of errors.
Oh well I only tried it for giggles  :P  :bg  :toothy
--

grofaz

Quote from: Sevag.K on May 05, 2007, 01:31:32 AM
The update is pretty much done and working.  I'll just be updating the manual and testing it before a public release.

Licking my chops in anticipation. Thanks dude!