News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

help....please help!

Started by itsgoindine, February 08, 2005, 10:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsgoindine

i really need help with using masm. i am so confused! i know very little about it. this is what i have to do

on one of them i have to...write an assembly language program that will accept a single character from the keyboard, and then output the next character in the ASCII sequence. for example, if the character 'A' is entered, the character 'B' will be typed out

the other...write an assembly language program that will print out the message of your choosing

the last one..i have to look at debug.exe and then find registers AX, BX, CX, DX. What is the hex value in AL after returning from the input routine INT 16h?

i could really use somebodys help....AIM is onchrome17s

petezl

The easiest is to just put your keyboard entry into a register and increment it.
If you need to write the program without any knowledge then I've got my fingers crossed for you...
Peter.
Cats and women do as they please
Dogs and men should realise it.

AeroASM

Because these programs are short, I would just use debug.exe to make them rather than bother downloading the 16 bit linker for MASM32. (debug.exe is a DOS debugger included with Windows that can make small .com programs)

You will need to know about: registers, basic instructions like MOV and ADD, DOS interrupts, and how to use debug.exe

If you want to find that out yourself, then go ahead. If you can't be bothered then just email me (aerofanaticuk@hotmail.com) and I will tell you everything you need to know.

Randall Hyde

Quote from: itsgoindine on February 08, 2005, 10:24:37 PM
i really need help with using masm. i am so confused! i know very little about it. this is what i have to do

on one of them i have to...write an assembly language program that will accept a single character from the keyboard, and then output the next character in the ASCII sequence. for example, if the character 'A' is entered, the character 'B' will be typed out

the other...write an assembly language program that will print out the message of your choosing

the last one..i have to look at debug.exe and then find registers AX, BX, CX, DX. What is the hex value in AL after returning from the input routine INT 16h?

i could really use somebodys help....AIM is onchrome17s

You might want to check out the 16-bit edition of "The Art of Assembly" at http://webster.cs.ucr.edu. It teaches you how to do things like this (for your class, presumably).
Cheers,
Randy Hyde