News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Can it be fixed?

Started by skywalker, January 16, 2007, 02:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skywalker

This worked fine thru Win98,  under WinXP,match just flashes quickly on screen. Can it be fixed to work under XP?
I tried inc/dec wait1 delay with no luck.

Thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

raymond

It could also be your graphics card. I have to assume that the box where you are testing it does not have Win98 but only XP.

Last summer, I added a graphics card and additional RAM to my computer. After that, the graphics of one of my programs using Windows GUI (which was working perfectly under both Win98 and XP) started to misbehave under BOTH operating systems! I have another computer with a different graphic card and the program works perfectly under XP.

Before you waste too much time, try it on another computer which has XP and a different graphics card.

Raymond
When you assume something, you risk being wrong half the time
http://www.ray.masmcode.com

skywalker

I have attached the fixed version. The original author was trying to save bytes and used a non-standard way of checking for keypresses. When that was changed and an unnecessary delay removed, the program worked fine under XP.

I would be curious to see if the new version still works fine on the pre-XP versions.

Take care,
                Andy

[attachment deleted by admin]

eek

Worked fine on my non-XP polluted WinME computer  :U

skywalker

Thanks for testing it on ME.  I was running Win98(and quite happy with it) until I upgraded to a P-3 which already had XP on it.