MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Running the program.

Started by masm_enthusiast, January 13, 2007, 03:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masm_enthusiast

hi

Thank God and the forum, I could finally get MASM working! There is a small hitch here though and this would be my second experiment with MASM. Its a 16 bit program(the same one as mentioned in my earlier post):

code segment
assume cs:code, ds:code
org 1000h
mov si,[4000]
mov AX,[si]
mov Bx,[si+02]
SUB Bx
mov [si+04],AX
hlt
mov AX,004ch
int 21h
code ends
end

I could assemble it
I could link it(did use the 16 bit linker)
but I could not RUN it...

it displays something on the DOS screen like  : Run[minus.exe]: and when I press the return key, it goes to display another msg abt some library or list...and as I press the return key it gives me all those indecipherable msgs before finally suggesting that the program has no start address and then goes back to display my location (c:\desktop\masm)

If there has been a reply to a problem similar to this already in the forum, I am sure I have overlooked it.Any help wud be appreciated but please dont be rude if you think that I have asked something thats been explained already etc.

Regards,
M_E

mnemonic

Maybe it should read "org 100h" instead of "org 1000h".
Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.--Plato
-------
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

MichaelW

If you are attempting to produce a COM program, the ORG statement should be ORG 100h, and you must use a /tiny switch on the linker command line. The SUB BX instruction is not valid and will not assemble. The HLT instruction serves no useful purpose.
eschew obfuscation