masmforum WebSite

Favorite thing in MASM

Started by ecube, November 10, 2006, 10:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecube

comment ~

code..

~

Great for someone like me who likes to write a lot of code then test, instead of testing part by part :)

Vortex

Favorite thing in MASM? In my opinion, the powerfull macro engine.

TNick

Simply the fact that it exists... :)

Nick

Ehtyar

As much as i prefer assembly...i do miss /* */. Don't suppose i can do that in a macro can i?

Ehtyar.

donkey

I've always liked the fact that they don't use animal testing.
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

hutch--

Ehtyar,

> As much as i prefer assembly...i do miss /* */. Don't suppose i can do that in a macro can i?

Even better.

comment @ ------------------------------------
        write what'cha wanna write
        ------------------------------------ @
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Ehtyar

I know, i always thought it was too ugly :( and the syntax highlighter in npp doesn't like it. Ah well...guess i care a little too much about the aesthetics of my code eh ;)

Synfire

$_ TEXTEQU @CatStr( @CatStr(<COMM>, <ENT>), < $_> )
$_ This is commented out _$
$_
Since the COMMENT directive will only recognize the first
character, this is also a valid ending -> $

I use @CatStr so it doesn't accidentally comment out the definition. That might make things a little more comfortable for ya.

Ehtyar

I'm not sure I understand what you're showing me... Sorry :(

donkey

Quote from: Ehtyar on November 11, 2006, 08:17:46 PM
As much as i prefer assembly...i do miss /* */. Don't suppose i can do that in a macro can i?

Ehtyar.

We have them in GoAsm, as well as 0x3FCE0 for hex notation. It does make the code look nice and clean, I never did like the comment thingy either.

Donkey
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

trodon

Jimg

Funny.  I always though /* */ was the worst thing I could imagine for comments.  To each his own.

Ehtyar

I never understood the whole 0x hex thing...where the hell did that come from. The h makes much more sense to me. I also miss | for logical or, having "or" can be quite confusing for a n00b: inline opcodes, lol. Guess this is what i get for using a closed-source assembler.

Ehtyar.