MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

unrar libary

Started by ragdog, November 05, 2006, 08:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragdog

hi @all

Is there such a thing a source to make a rar archiv in masm32?

best greetz the ragdog :bg

sinsi

AFAIK there is only source code for unrar, not rar.
Unrar source, unrar.dll library and uncompressed versions of SFX modules
are available in "RAR extras" part of www.rarlab.com
Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them.

hutch--

ragdog,

Like most compression algo around, the source of the RAR compression algo is not available but depending on what you need to do, JIBZ wrote an example in the MASM32 example code called "APPACK.ASM" that uses his aPlib compression algorithm. JIBZ allows this library to be used for non commercxial purposes free of charge so it may do the job you need. You will find it in "example03\appack" in the masm32 example code.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Vortex

ragdog

thanks hutch-- and vortex :U

Ehtyar

Rar is a proprietary algorithm, therefore may not be emulated or reproduced in full. The unrar source is only distributed with the express understanding that it is not to be reverse engineered or anything similar. You will have to find an alternative if you wish to CREATE an archive.

Ehtyar.

P1

Note:  Must be used according to the EULA of RAR program.

When there is no API or support library, some programmers will make a shell interface and use the underlying program through it's Command Line features.

Regards,  P1  :8)

ragdog

hi

thx for your posting! :U
i´m mailing with rarlab result is:

rarlab say´s is give no free api or dll! :red

Seb

I'm not I'm allowed to mention this here, but I do know that the Beagle worm includes RAR-archive creation code. Please don't hesitate remove this post if it's against the rules.

ragdog

i have the rar algo from beagle I don't know work correct this algo

thx

Seb

Well, it does work for creating a RAR-archive with a file in it - it just doesn't compress it (I believe this compression mode is called "Store" in WinRAR).

ragdog

thx!

this works with a one file! can your help thats works with more files??

ecube

You can download a free and opensource unrar lib here http://www.unrarlib.org/, but as the author mentions his FAQ section

There is no way to create a RAR archive with the URARFileLib. When will you add a "create archive" function?

Probably never. The license of the free unrar source code prohibits making a tool that can create RAR compatible archives. Eugene Roshal spent a lot of time making RAR what it is today and RAR helps him to earn his livelihood. If you really need to create RAR archives form your application, I suggest contacting the author of RAR.

ragdog

to E^cube

i have postet the author of RAR

i´m mailing with rarlab result is:

rarlab say´s is give no free api or dll!

ragdog