News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

POSTing data on a website

Started by Mark_Larson, October 20, 2006, 05:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_Larson

I came across an interesting story of a Wired magazine reporter using a perl script to track pedophiles who created a Myspace profile using their real name.  The repoter's name is Kevin Poulson.  He used to hack.  His perl script goes through all the people registered at the DOJ's National Sex Offender website.  And then does a name search on Myspace limiting it a 5 mile radius search of the zipcode he gets for the offender from the DOJ's website.  Just as a side note when you use your real name on Myspace that information is not displayed.  Only your account name gets displayed.  However Myspace added support for searching for a real person's name that created the account, and you can futher refine the search by adding that it has to be within so many miles of a certain zipcode.

Just a quick blurb, the DOJ's website says that information in the database can be wrong, so just because someone is listed in there doesn't mean it's really them.

Here's the full article:

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/1,71948-0.html

Here's the DOJ's website

http://www.nsopr.gov/

I wanted to write the same thing in assembly language.  And I wanted to further refine the searched on data to rule out people better.  He got a lot of false positives.  He searched through 385,932 people on Myspace that he had found on the DOJ website.  He got 2000 hits, and it took him several months to weed out all the false positives by looking at the photos to see if they matched the one in the DOJ database.  Not the best solution.

I wanted to add support for checking age, birthdate and several other stuff that is in the DOJ database against what is in a person's Myspace account, so you can get less false positives.  For example, if they were within plus or minus 10 years of the DOJ age in their Myspace account OR under age 17 on their Myspace account ( sometimes the pedo's sign up as under age so they can talk to underage people, because otherwise you can't talk to them unless they invite you).

I am having some problems getting it to work.  Usually I post the field name and set it equal to whatever value I am trying to post( I do this in the URL).  It doesn't work. I am not sure if this is because it is using frames or not.  Can anyone show me some sample code that can properly post data that works with frames?

the name of the field is "zipcode".  I want to set it to set it to some initial value and then increment it by 1 to try all possible zipcodes in the US.

BIOS programmers do it fastest, hehe.  ;)

My Optimization webpage
htttp://www.website.masmforum.com/mark/index.htm