MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

a big issue?!, just curious!

Started by gnewz10, June 08, 2006, 12:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnewz10

gud day to all,

i'm new to programming in assembly language... just want to ask someone why is it that if i run an application with status bar and a rich edit control on it, i noticed that the application flickers a lot everytime i resize it. its not a big issue, just curious... tnx if somebody can mind to tell...  :bg

PBrennick

gnewz10,
Welcome to the forum.  I hope that you find the experience rewarding.  Are you new to Assembly programming?  Just curious.  Anyway, your question has me confused.  I have an editor that uses a richedit control and has a statusbar.  Is this what you mean?  If it is, it does not flicker on my machine.

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

KSS

Gnewz10,
You can process WM_ERASEBKGND in MainWndProc to prevent flickers.
For example: If you status bar and a rich edit control covered all window client region, just return TRUE for WM_ERASEBKGND message.

gnewz10

Paul,

thanks for the reply. Yes im new to assembly programming in windows. i never had developed any program in assembly since this year. i'm practicing for it for a month and had done a windows application that does nothing but displays itself.  sorry if you get confused about my question.... i decided to make a dialog box as my main window, then put a status bar that is docked at the bottom and put a rich edit control at the center of the dialog box. then i run my dialog box and resize it continuously to cover the whole area of my desktop.  i noticed that the rich edit control flickers a lot during my resizing. i guess i forgot something so that my windows application resulted to that, or something that i don't know... thanks sir paul if you mind again. i will really appreciate your reply guyz!!! :bg

weng