Collecting User-Written Examples for HLA Distribution

Started by Randall Hyde, January 14, 2005, 04:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall Hyde

Hi All,
Starting with HLA v1.74 or v1.75 I'd like to include a "user" directory in the Examples download where I include user-written HLA demos and apps.  If you're interested in having me distribute one (or more) of your sample HLA apps on Webster, you might considering zipping it up and sending it off to me (rhyde@cs.ucr.edu). The apps must include source code (the whole purpose of the exercise), but you can license the code however you like. Obviously, I prefer public domain for my own stuff (and encourage others to distribute their code this way), but any license you wish to use is fine by me, as long as I have non-exclusive rights to distribute the code with the HLA package. Be sure to include a copyright/license notice with your code if you want to place conditions on its use.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

Sevag.K

I forgot to include in my other reply (aoaprogramming), if you wish to include the hidelib sources, you are welcome to, I've uploaded them to the aoaprogramming files section in the HLA Programs directory in both .zip and .tar.gz format.

Both archives contain the open-source code compatible with Windows and Linux, documentatiion on all the functions, and pre-compiled libraries for both Windows and Linux.

I didn't include any licence information though, but there really isn't any.

Is the aoaprogramming files section ok or do you want me to send an attachment to rhyde@cs.usr.edu ?

Randall Hyde

Quote from: Sevag.K on January 15, 2005, 03:10:22 AM
I forgot to include in my other reply (aoaprogramming), if you wish to include the hidelib sources, you are welcome to, I've uploaded them to the aoaprogramming files section in the HLA Programs directory in both .zip and .tar.gz format.

Both archives contain the open-source code compatible with Windows and Linux, documentatiion on all the functions, and pre-compiled libraries for both Windows and Linux.

I didn't include any licence information though, but there really isn't any.

Is the aoaprogramming files section ok or do you want me to send an attachment to rhyde@cs.usr.edu ?

Actually, I want to package the HIDE stuff separately.
Let's plan on incorporating it into HLA v1.75 or v.176.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

Vortex

Hi Randall,

Here is a a HLA example using binary resource templates. I added my res2bin tool extracting templates from compiled resource ( .res ) files.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Randall Hyde

Quote from: Vortex on January 19, 2005, 12:18:24 PM
Hi Randall,

Here is a a HLA example using binary resource templates. I added my res2bin tool extracting templates from compiled resource ( .res ) files.
Got it, Thanks.
Randy Hyde