News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Finishing up HLA Adventure

Started by Paul Panks, March 14, 2006, 05:50:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Panks

I've been on a break of sorts from programming recently, so I apologize if I haven't worked on HLA Adventure in awhile. I am interested in finishing off the 'core' game itself and closing off my portion of the development phase to other programmers.

HLA Adventure is basically complete as-is. I am about 95% complete with the game engine and approximately 85-90% complete with the rooms. I also added in the ability to examine some of the objects described in each room, although this is (admittedly) not yet fully implemented in all rooms (249+).

If there are other fantasy elements others wish to add into HLA Adventure -- i.e. their own version of what constitutes a fantasy landscape, etc. -- feel free to look at the source code, break it down and add to the game in whatever capacity is desired.

I would actually encourage HLA programmers to rewrite major portions of the game engine and storyline as they see fit, incorporating new ideas and design techniques into the 'core' game. In fact, I would love to see new versions of HLA Adventure set on other worlds and other dimensions with new objects, quests, monsters and items.

If you have any questions about HLA Adventure, please e-mail me at:

dunric@yahoo.com

The website for HLA Adventure can always be found at:

http://members.tripod.com/~panks/hlaadv.html

HLA Adventure should compile fine with version 1.49 (or above) of Randy Hyde's fantastic HLA  compiler.

Thanks,

Paul