News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Comments on Resed.

Started by hutch--, March 12, 2006, 02:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

The version 1.1.2.6 - 2006.03.08 is looking better every time I see it. I had a couple of suggestions to make it easier to use as it already has a very good interface and the control placement, movement and the like is very professional.

Add a arrow key function so the final ajustments could be made with the keyboard. This is to help people who don't have 16 year old eyesight.  :bg

Is there a way to get it to use a predefined C include file of the RESOURCE.H type so that the windows styles were easier to understand ? I don't have any reference for the window styles in binary which makes it a lot harder to use.
Download site for MASM32      New MASM Forum
https://masm32.com          https://masm32.com/board/index.php

Shantanu Gadgil

QuoteIs there a way to get it to use a predefined C include file of the RESOURCE.H type
Would I be right to think that you want to uses the resource.h from the include directoy of masm32? (and then use internal equates lik IDOK, IDCANCEL, etc )

If yes, in ResEd, use the option "Include File" (right click menu on top right) :)
Then just point it to the "resource.h" of masm32

In the actual designer, whichever control you want to use from the interal equate (say IDOK for a button) use its ID as 0 (zero)

If you want the style values to be saved in the .rc file as TEXT or as HEX NUMBERS, go to the menu: Options > Options > Bahaviour > "Styles as hex"
switch that option off :)

P.S.
When you switch back and forth from hex/text for the style values, a "NOT WS_VISIBLE" appears...  :bg (not sure how exactly, but happens sometimes  :toothy)
Not complaining, just telling  :bg
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

KetilO

QuoteAdd a arrow key function so the final ajustments could be made with the keyboard.

Use Ctrl+Arrow to move the control.
Use Shift+Arrow to size it pixel by pixel.

KetilO