MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Marketing

Started by shankle, February 21, 2006, 03:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shankle

We might as well throw :( our computers over a bridge if we can't market our
programs. The programs I have written are less than the $20 variety. It doesn't
make any sense for me to pay per click over the internet  and sell a $5.00 program.
I'm thinking that the only way to go is shareware. If so, I have stoppers included
in the programs. Are these stoppers valid when doing shareware?

Regards,
JPS
The greatest crime in my country is our Congress

shankle

Does anyone have any experience with the Association of Shareware Professionals and
their PAD???
JPS

drhowarddrfine

A well known shareware guy, don't recall his name, told me he makes good money selling his programs and does it full time.

P1

Quote from: shankle on February 21, 2006, 03:36:02 PMIf so, I have stoppers included
in the programs. Are these stoppers valid when doing shareware?
Are you referring to trial period?  If so, they are in all kinds of software.  With many kinds of methods of implementation.

Regards,  P1  :8)

skywalker

Quote from: shankle on February 21, 2006, 11:28:45 PM
Does anyone have any experience with the Association of Shareware Professionals and
their PAD???
JPS

I looked in a while back. It's a good way to market it. But you'll have to have a web site, so your users check for updates, fixes, etc. You can find free programs that'll set up the pad file etc.

I just didn't have the time to set it up, but plan to do so in the future since free webspace is part of my web provider service.

Good luck,
                Andy

shankle

Many thanks for your answers.
I think  I am going the ASP route with the PAD.
JPS

shankle

I went with ASP and found it a little bit hairy to get going but in all, it's the only way,  I think,
for the little guy to get his programs out there at minimal cost.
JPS