News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Winexplorer

Started by donkey, January 31, 2006, 02:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramguru

I of course prefer to use ListView because it supports image-list. Your program takes about 30 seconds with antivirus turned off. I don't know much about virtual listview, maybe it's the fastest way, I don't know. However if you use regular ListView control (like winexplorer) then ListBox is really a better choice. Now if you could provide some source, I maybe could integrate that into my code and test your theory in much better way.

lingo

ramguru,

"However if you use regular ListView control (like winexplorer) then
ListBox is really a better choice.

I agree if we use ListBox for files of one folder only but
Winexplorer can't retrieve all files on your disk c:   :lol
To understand the problem just try to find all files from
your disk c: with mask *.*
You can use Search utility from Windows
or other similar program about that   :lol

"Now if you could provide some source,..."

I can after implementation of my redblack tree algo
and clear some bugs in it.

"I maybe could integrate that into my code and test
your theory in much better way."

I'm not sure because:

"I have been willing to do so at the level of producing
unreadable obscure code that is rarely ever re-usable.
I have made the point before that  people who can read
it don't need it and those who most need it cannot read it."
by Hutch
From: http://www.masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6908.30

So, maybe he can find more readable and no obscure source code
about virtual ListView control...  :lol

Regards,
Lingo

ramguru

I guess I will implement list-box control from scratch. However, I'm looking forward to see how your code looks

ramguru

OK I've done it (made my own list-box), now browsing is super-fast and it supports ImageList  :wink
However, I need to figure out how to arrange: directories ascending first, other files ascending later...
Maybe after a cauple of days I will post it in "Custom Interface Components" forum

IAO

Hi to all:

Mr. Donkey:
Windows 98 had a file viewer(\QUIKVIEW.EXE). 
I needed a program to see the DLL.
Your WinExplorer gave that possibility me.  (Show Export).
You thought about everything. :U  :clap:

Thank you.
Bye('_').

"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."    Mahatma Gandhi

donkey

Hi IAO,

You're very welcome.

WinExplorer is a very good test bed for some ideas that ZCoder and I had but has limitations and some nasty little bugs that I no longer have the time to address. My interests lately have diverged from assembly language programming and I am not sure when I will be able to get back to it. If anyone has anything to add to it I would be glad to upload the modifications to my site with credits.

Edgar
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable

donkey

I have modified my IContextMenu example to add a context menu item for WinExplorer, with it you can open a folder in WinExplorer directly from Explorer. It is included in the WinExplorer zip file on my website. Note that you will have to delete the WinExplorer registry entries and run WinExplorer at least once without the context menu to set up the reg entries it needs in order to find the executable. Any older versions will not run with the context menu.

Donkey
"Ahhh, what an awful dream. Ones and zeroes everywhere...[shudder] and I thought I saw a two." -- Bender
"It was just a dream, Bender. There's no such thing as two". -- Fry
-- Futurama

Donkey's Stable