MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

probable issues with POASM

Started by Shantanu Gadgil, January 07, 2006, 08:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantanu Gadgil

Hi, Pelle...
I think there is an issue with the way "current path" is resolved when there are multiple includes in a file

Point in case being:
+ASM   ;some directory
----sample.inc                               ;inc for the .asm below :)
----sample.asm                               ;some common functions, includes "sample.inc"
----+potest                                  ;my project directory :)
--------potest.asm                           ;includes "../sample.asm"
--------potest.inc                           ;includes "../sample.inc"

What happens is POASM says "file not found 'sample.inc'"

When I make the "include sample.inc" line in the file sample.asm to say "include ../sample.inc", POASM is happy :)

I think POASM is resolving all paths relative to only one directoy, most probably of the main .ASM file :)

*** The above issue is not there with ML :)

The build.bat is just to show what commandline options I have used to compile and link the file.

I don't want to stick the .INC files in the standard include directory of MASM32

Any current method way to resolve it which I am missing ?

Sample attached to demonstrate issue...

P.S.
how about making a stickies for 1) bugs and 2) suggestions where people can submit posts

[attachment deleted by admin]
To ret is human, to jmp divine!

PellesC

Hello,
Quote from: shantanu_gadgil on January 07, 2006, 08:27:21 AM
I think there is an issue with the way "current path" is resolved when there are multiple includes in a file
I think POASM is resolving all paths relative to only one directoy, most probably of the main .ASM file :)
This should work the same as in the C compiler (so I won't change it) - the current directory is used. Can't you add another /I option (like so: /I..) ??

Quote from: shantanu_gadgil on January 07, 2006, 08:27:21 AM
how about making a stickies for 1) bugs and 2) suggestions where people can submit posts
Maybe. I will (naturally) spend more time in my own forum at www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc, so it would be nice if posts like this ended up there...

Pelle