MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

re table in a dlg box

Started by seaview, December 28, 2005, 08:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seaview

Dear Forum
                I am a newbie and I am asking for help to make a little bookkeeping program. When I write an invoice I would like to be able to insert a table in my dialog box, similar to a spreadsheet table, so I can enter details of a transaction then store those details in memory.
               Can anyone tell me how to do this or let me know where I can read up on the subject.

regards seaview

ramguru

I think you need SysListView32 for beginning (insert several columns...), otherwise you gonna need custom control. To create one is rather more difficult than use already existing (created by Manos or KetilO)... I'm sure you're able to find everything (at least links) you need here...

farrier

seaview,

Ketilo has done that for you!

Look at www.RadASM.com  Click on RadASM projects, then click on CustCtls.zip

Or, http://www.radasm.com/projects/Custctl.zip

His spreadsheet example is a table in your dialog box!  Try it and look at the included source and ask questions if you have any.

hth,

farrier

HNY!
It is a GOOD day to code!
Some assembly required!
ASM me!
With every mistake, we must surely be learning. (George...Bush)

seaview

Many thanks to farrier and ramguru for your suggestions. I have downloaded CustCtls.zip and am presently studying that.
      I tried a list box but couldn't type data in direct from keyboard as you can in an edit box. Can you tell me if it is possible to type direct to a list box?

regards,
seaview

farrier

seaview,

Glad I could help.  Based on what you originally asked, KetilO's SpreadSheet will do what you want, handling all the calculations and input.  Results can be read from the cell with the formula!  Maybe if you state exactly what you need/want to do, we can make further suggestions.

For your second question, I went to the top of the screen and typed "listview edit" into the search box and got this:!!

http://www.masmforum.com/simple/index.php?topic=1955.0

hth,

farrier

HNY!!!!!
It is a GOOD day to code!
Some assembly required!
ASM me!
With every mistake, we must surely be learning. (George...Bush)

seaview

farrier,
         Many thanks for your help.  Just what I needed.

seaview.