Res To Obj and then Polink

Started by akyprian, October 25, 2005, 10:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akyprian

Hi,

I converted a res file to an obj file with cvtres and tried to Polink it with other code object files. It seems that the resources are not included in the final exexcutable. Am I doing something wrong?

Antonis

PellesC

Quote from: akyprian on October 25, 2005, 10:41:38 AM
Hi,

I converted a res file to an obj file with cvtres and tried to Polink it with other code object files. It seems that the resources are not included in the final exexcutable. Am I doing something wrong?

Antonis
It should work - but since POLINK can handle RES files directly, I never use CVTRES (so I don't know what it produces...)

Pelle

akyprian

Yes, res files are handled properly. I simply have some rather old projects for which I call CVTRES and then  ms link and wanted to try out Polink. It doesn't work and I thought you might be interested.

Antonis

PellesC

Quote from: akyprian on October 25, 2005, 09:50:08 PM
Yes, res files are handled properly. I simply have some rather old projects for which I call CVTRES and thenĀ  ms link and wanted to try out Polink. It doesn't work and I thought you might be interested.

Antonis
I will look at it. Not sure it matters, but do you have a version number for CVTRES?

Pelle

akyprian

Version number 5.0.1736.1

I think it is included in hutch's masm32 package

Antonis

PellesC