News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Started by nc3b, September 07, 2005, 02:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nc3b

I'm also a newbie with assembly. I want to start learning assembly (i know c++, c#, java etc..) and i simply can't get a goos tutorial.. i found the "Art of assembly" and didn't enjoy verry much that it's based on HLA.. I also tryed a book i found on a p2p Network.."Assembly language Step-by-Step" wich i think is great but it's verry old.. can anyone point me in the right direction? thx:)

ToutEnMasm

Hello,
A good start http://win32assembly.online.fr/
                    ToutEnMasm

nc3b

Hey, thanks:)... I'll read that tutorial.. One more thing.. if i'm not particularly interested in Win32 assembly? thx:)

roticv

What are you interested in?

P1

nc3b,

Welcome aboard !!!     :U

Please read around the forum.  And learn to use the Search button, it will save you a bunch of time getting up to speed.

If you run into a wall, ask away, we have been there, done that, so you don't have too.

Does your nick have a story about it ?

Regards,  P1   :8)

xeno2utoo

Well, I understand what you mean, and I think that even though "Art of Assembly" deals mainly with HLA, all the basic stuff is quite general and I guess that after dealing with all of that, the rest is 'just' studying code examples in Assembly instead of HLA.  Anyway, according to Mr. Hyde that is the way that HLA is meant to work, i.e. an easy way into assembly.

Cheers
Per.

nc3b

Well.. assembly seems great if you read what the autors write to encourage you in using it.. Still even tough EVERYBODY talks about it, it's frustrating that there are a zilion c++ tutorials and there are so few assembly tutorials.. Still, i'm happy i found this forum (i found it by accident) because this is the first place where someone actualy supported be instead of the "Assembly?? Get real man.. start learning c#.. it's easier" i found in other forums. Thanks a lot. This place is great. :)