MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Ambulance in stealth mode

Started by skywalker, September 03, 2005, 08:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skywalker

This code only does the siren sound under XP. It works fine on DOS -> Win98
Can someone help show me  how to make it display the ambulance.

Thanks.

[Thanks for letting me know what this code was extracted from]
[code removed in complaince with forum rules]

hutch--

evlncrn8

i dont think anyone will help you with this, i remember that code, i remember it as a VIRUS, the 'call payload' sort of indicates that

MichaelW

Yes, it was part of a virus, the source for which is available on the net.

eschew obfuscation

skywalker

Quote from: evlncrn8 on September 03, 2005, 09:28:56 PM
i dont think anyone will help you with this, i remember that code, i remember it as a VIRUS, the 'call payload' sort of indicates that

The code that wasn't allowed had absolutely NO harmful code in it WHATSOEVER as the comments clearly stated.
Like someone giving someone the wrapping of a firecracker after it's been brushed free of any gunpowder residue.
:-)

Mark Jones

"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

QvasiModo

OMG, I can't believe the Ambulance Car payload can be considered harmful... :eek

Besides I relly doubt skywalker is trying to write a virus. In that case he would use something that works on Windows.

(Just to get things straight: VIRUS WRITING IS BAD, STUPID AND LAME, alright? I don't condone it in any way)

skywalker

Quote from: QvasiModo on September 05, 2005, 11:42:42 PM
OMG, I can't believe the Ambulance Car payload can be considered harmful... :eek

Besides I relly doubt skywalker is trying to write a virus. In that case he would use something that works on Windows.
Moved '/quote' back into place.  P1

I am not worried about the "challenged" responses I have evoked.
I'll post it on alt.lang.asm. (And leave out all comments :-)

Take care.

Main Entry: para·noia
Pronunciation: "par-&-'noi-&
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek, madness, from paranous demented, from para- + nous mind
1 : a psychosis characterized by systematized delusions of persecution or grandeur usually without hallucinations
2 : a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

evlncrn8

look up rules in the dictionary while you are at it.

MichaelW

Quote from: skywalker on September 05, 2005, 01:12:21 PM
The code that wasn't allowed had absolutely NO harmful code in it WHATSOEVER as the comments clearly stated.

Yes, obviously, and it was deleted anyway. That should tell you something. Regardless of what your intent may be, you are working with viral code.

http://www.old.masmforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=4783&highlight=ambulance
eschew obfuscation

Mark Jones

Quote from: skywalker on September 06, 2005, 10:54:20 AM
Main Entry: para·noia
Pronunciation: "par-&-'noi-&
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek, madness, from paranous demented, from para- + nous mind
1 : a psychosis characterized by systematized delusions of persecution or grandeur usually without hallucinations
2 : a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive or irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others

re·pug·nant
   1. Extreme dislike or aversion.
   2. Logic. The relationship of contradictory terms; inconsistency.
"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

Tedd

*yawn yawn*

...is someone going to close this thread?
No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible.