MenuWOW (customize your menus)

Started by lamer, August 15, 2005, 08:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamer

Hi all!
I have just posted this at "Custom Interface Components", but because all things below have been coded with RADAsm, I think this will not a big sin to duplicate the post here. So...
Today I present you my last project – MenuWOW.
I like menus. I like to work with them and to fashion them. For a long time I have intended to write something that will encapsulate all repeated actions (such as hooking and processing menu related messages). So I have created MWLib.dll, a run time library which performs all backstage work. But this library should get the data from the main application, so the data (bitmaps for menu items, colors etc) should be written and stored. OK, I have had no choice – only to develop some designer, which will help to set all needed properties and store them as resource. All you need after – add this *.rc file to your project and write 2-3 lines of code.
Because the files were pretty large, I was obliged to build a small site to store them. You are welcome to download area:
http://lamer.byethost32.com/projects.php

All explanations and credits are in help file – please, read it before you start.
I am waiting for suggestions and bug reports  :(
For those who will say – "Who needs this silliness? I can do it better and more elegant without any stupid program!" – you are absolutely right! I believe you can do it better. But if it will helpful for somebody – it will warrant this post.

Thank you

Faiseur

Hello Andrey,

good work for me. Your sample look fine at my work place (Windows 2000).

Thanks,

Marc

French asm Forum: http://www.asmforum.net/   Website: http://www.faiseur.net/

Biterider

PBrennick

Very nice!  How about calling it MenuWorx or MenuWerx?

Paul
The GeneSys Project is available from:
The Repository or My crappy website

lamer

Thank you, guys!
I am still waiting for suggestions :8)

Paul,
May be my low level of English is guilty - what is "worx" and "werx"?
"Worx" means "works"?
And "werx"?
By the way, I have found the "www.menuworx.biz", although it is a dead link. :green2

Well, I fill MeuWOW is bugs free... :lol

lamer

New upload of MWLib
- fixed incorrect view of system menu (thanks to Chib777)
- changes of menu font are now displayed properly (thanks to Chib777)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jazz

This is a beautiful application.  Wow! In-deed.

Thank you.

lamer

The new versions of MenuWOW and MWLib are ready.
What's new?
MenuWOW:
1.   Added possibility to save each scheme as binary file for subsequent use <OptionsMF OptionsSave schemes as binary file> (see changes in MWLib) – thanks to ramguru.
2.   Added "live" preview – now you can see how your menus will look just at design time ("Preview" window).
MWLib:
1.   Added method for working with binary schemes instead of resources. Obviously, you can still use the resource method. For method calling example see sample from downloads or MenuWOW help file.

lamer

Hi all!
There are new upload of MenuWOW - all changes related to new docking windows library.

lamer

Hi all!
New version of MenuWOW uploaded.
What's new:
- menu preview is now really live (every change in bitmaps or menu script is applied to project)
- added two new gradients: horizontal reflected and vertical reflected (thanks to ramguru)
- added button for loading preferable bitmaps editor to edit scheme's bitmap
- user interface changed (new icons)

lamer

Hi!
Fixed the stupid little bug (incorrect indexes) wich forced improper appearance of pattern background on buttons at "Settings" window.

lamer

Hi all!
Happy New Year!
As a gift for holiday – new release of MenuWOW.
There are a number of significant changes:
MenuWOW:
1.   Custom settings for grayed menu items - thanks to ramguru for initiative
(the excellent donkey's graphics library is used to gray bitmaps - many thanks!)
2.   Menu transparency
3.   Fixed occasional crash on resource file parsing
MWLib:
1.   The MWSCHEME resource superseded by MWSCHEME_EX
2.   Added MWLInitValuesEx procedure
3.   Added MWLInitValuesBySchemeEx procedure
4.   MWLInitValues and MWLInitValuesByScheme procedures are still available for backward compatibility with previous versions
You can continue to use newly created binaries (*.mwb), but NOT new schemes, with old procedures, but you SHOULD NOT use the old schemes or binaries with new procedures.
The full package now includes "Sample" directory, and "SampleEXE" – a simple executable with run-time library and one binary scheme.
Hope you'll enjoy this release.

Regards

lamer

Hi all!
New upload.
1. Fixed improper parsing separators of menus created by ResEd (for preview window) - thanks to ramguru
2. Added support for "bitmapless" menus - thanks to ramguru for initiative
3. Decimal values in output .RC file replaced with hexadecimal - thanks to ramguru

lamer

There was annoying measuring bug in last upload - fixed, please, redownload.
I apologize.
Thanks, as usual, to ramguru  :bg

lamer

Hi all!
For those who still uses Win 98 - my apologizes. In the last release, adding transparency, I forgot that SetLayeredWindowAttributes requires at least Win2K.
Fixed in both MenuWOW and MWLib (to all appearances - I have no way to check it on Win 98 - so let me Know) and uploaded.
Thanks to ipadilla